Man charged in home invasion
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Herkimer County man is accused of forcing his way into a residence and stealing cash from a person inside, local law enforcement officials have announced.
Police said Brian Carney, 30, of Frankfort, forced his way into a residence on West Smith Street at 11 p.m. Jan. 28 and snatched the money away from another person.
Following an investigation, Carney was located and taken into custody, the law enforcers said.
Carney is charged with one count each of third-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and petty larceny, authorities said. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
Carney is scheduled to reappear in court. Authorities said no one was injured.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash