Man charged in home invasion
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Herkimer County man is accused of forcing his way into a residence and stealing cash from a person inside, local law enforcement officials have announced.
Police said Brian Carney, 30, of Frankfort, forced his way into a residence on West Smith Street at 11 p.m. Jan. 28 and snatched the money away from another person.
Following an investigation, Carney was located and taken into custody, the law enforcers said.
Carney is charged with one count each of third-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and petty larceny, authorities said. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
Carney is scheduled to reappear in court. Authorities said no one was injured.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic