Man charged in home invasion
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Herkimer County man is accused of forcing his way into a residence and stealing cash from a person inside, local law enforcement officials have announced.
Police said Brian Carney, 30, of Frankfort, forced his way into a residence on West Smith Street at 11 p.m. Jan. 28 and snatched the money away from another person.
Following an investigation, Carney was located and taken into custody, the law enforcers said.
Carney is charged with one count each of third-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and petty larceny, authorities said. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
Carney is scheduled to reappear in court. Authorities said no one was injured.
- 4:01pm 06/19/18Classic jets fly into Griffiss for aerobatics, formation training
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Fourth-grader helps create new donut
- 4:00pm 06/19/18New grill to help fire up community relations
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Responsive vigil
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Candidates clash on health care
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Temporary Utica fire chief to resign
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Crash sends one to hospital
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Meetings — Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Woman accused of switching out of driver’s seat charged
- 4:00pm 06/19/18Tractor trailer driver dies in accident