Man charged in home invasion
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Herkimer County man is accused of forcing his way into a residence and stealing cash from a person inside, local law enforcement officials have announced.
Police said Brian Carney, 30, of Frankfort, forced his way into a residence on West Smith Street at 11 p.m. Jan. 28 and snatched the money away from another person.
Following an investigation, Carney was located and taken into custody, the law enforcers said.
Carney is charged with one count each of third-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and petty larceny, authorities said. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
Carney is scheduled to reappear in court. Authorities said no one was injured.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening