Man charged in home invasion
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Herkimer County man is accused of forcing his way into a residence and stealing cash from a person inside, local law enforcement officials have announced.
Police said Brian Carney, 30, of Frankfort, forced his way into a residence on West Smith Street at 11 p.m. Jan. 28 and snatched the money away from another person.
Following an investigation, Carney was located and taken into custody, the law enforcers said.
Carney is charged with one count each of third-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and petty larceny, authorities said. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
Carney is scheduled to reappear in court. Authorities said no one was injured.
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Pair vie for seat on Lee Town Board
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Woman charged with slashing man during dispute
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man charged with assault after smashed glass cuts child
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Two charged, two sought in Oneida home invasion
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Nuns on the Bus to make stop outside Tenney office
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man accused of attacks on girlfriend, wandering into W. Liberty St. home
- 4:00pm 10/22/18District, Birnie Bus near launch of bus tracking app
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/22/18SUNY Potsdam names Rome native and RFA grad as new vice president for advancement
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Union endorses McEvoy in 101st district