Man arrested on drug charge in Camden school parking lot
CAMDEN — A man was charged with being in possession of drugs and a weapon in the parking lot of Camden Elementary Tuesday.
Camden Police said they responded to a suspicious activity report at the school parking lot, 1 Oswego St., at about 3 p.m. A concerned resident stated they believed there was drug activity taking place inside a vehicle parked there.
When police responded, they found driver Cory L. Sauer, 34, of Camden, in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hashish and a pair of brass knuckles, police said.
Sauer was taken into custody and charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D felony; and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor.
Further charges are pending, police said.
Sauer was arraigned in county Central Arraignment Court and sent to county jail in lieu of $7,000 cash bail or $14,000 bond. He will appear in Town Court at a later date.
- 4:01pm 02/19/18Plan would shutter Annsville Elementary
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Assemblyman airs concerns over budget transparency
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Fishing derby at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Roof collapses at former Waterbury & Son Felt Company
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Furnace blamed in Clinton fire; man displaced
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Griffo, colleague ask SUNY to buy local
- 4:00pm 02/19/18NEON Night Racing for drones to be held in April at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Real estate broker named to advisory board
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Holy Cross Academy hosts survivor of Holocaust