Man arrested on drug charge in Camden school parking lot
CAMDEN — A man was charged with being in possession of drugs and a weapon in the parking lot of Camden Elementary Tuesday.
Camden Police said they responded to a suspicious activity report at the school parking lot, 1 Oswego St., at about 3 p.m. A concerned resident stated they believed there was drug activity taking place inside a vehicle parked there.
When police responded, they found driver Cory L. Sauer, 34, of Camden, in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hashish and a pair of brass knuckles, police said.
Sauer was taken into custody and charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D felony; and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor.
Further charges are pending, police said.
Sauer was arraigned in county Central Arraignment Court and sent to county jail in lieu of $7,000 cash bail or $14,000 bond. He will appear in Town Court at a later date.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York