Man arrested on drug charge in Camden school parking lot
CAMDEN — A man was charged with being in possession of drugs and a weapon in the parking lot of Camden Elementary Tuesday.
Camden Police said they responded to a suspicious activity report at the school parking lot, 1 Oswego St., at about 3 p.m. A concerned resident stated they believed there was drug activity taking place inside a vehicle parked there.
When police responded, they found driver Cory L. Sauer, 34, of Camden, in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hashish and a pair of brass knuckles, police said.
Sauer was taken into custody and charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D felony; and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor.
Further charges are pending, police said.
Sauer was arraigned in county Central Arraignment Court and sent to county jail in lieu of $7,000 cash bail or $14,000 bond. He will appear in Town Court at a later date.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award