Man arrested on drug charge in Camden school parking lot
CAMDEN — A man was charged with being in possession of drugs and a weapon in the parking lot of Camden Elementary Tuesday.
Camden Police said they responded to a suspicious activity report at the school parking lot, 1 Oswego St., at about 3 p.m. A concerned resident stated they believed there was drug activity taking place inside a vehicle parked there.
When police responded, they found driver Cory L. Sauer, 34, of Camden, in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, hashish and a pair of brass knuckles, police said.
Sauer was taken into custody and charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D felony; and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor.
Further charges are pending, police said.
Sauer was arraigned in county Central Arraignment Court and sent to county jail in lieu of $7,000 cash bail or $14,000 bond. He will appear in Town Court at a later date.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Dogs, trash and station on council agenda
- 4:00pm 11/13/18RFA hoop home games scheduled for high school
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Two municipalities balk at zeroing-out gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Crash sends one to hospital in Floyd
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Contractor charged with stealing
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Family displaced by fire
- 4:00pm 11/13/18RFA Select Choir, Orchestra host event
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Meetings — Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Labor Council honors members with Gompers Award
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library