Man arrested again on drug, cigarette charges
A Rome man busted with drugs and untaxed cigarettes earlier this month has been charged again with possessing drugs and untaxed cigarettes, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said Joseph R. Butler III, 27, of 417 W. Embargo St., was pulled over at the intersection of North George and West Embargo streets Monday morning and was found with a quantity of marijuana and several cartons of untaxed cigarettes.
The law enforcers said Butler had 1,000 untaxed cigarettes in his vehicle.
Butler is charged with possession of untaxed cigarettes and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to the authorities.
He was arraigned in City Court and was released on his own recognizance, the law enforcers added.
According to police, Butler was previously taken into custody on Sept. 7 after untaxed cigarettes were found in a vehicle on Abbott Avenue.
Police said they also found quantities of cocaine and marijuana.
At the time, Butler was taken into custody for felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of untaxed cigarettes, police said.
He was arraigned in City Court and the case has been forwarded to the grand jury for a possible
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Owner ticketed for leaving dog in locked vehicle
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Police accuse Utica woman of switching tags at Walmart
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Crash sends three to hospital
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Pair face drug, additional charges
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Board of Ed approves disciplinary pact for district, teacher
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Verona ladies auxiliary to host craft show
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Community Bank N.A. supports Oneida Performing Arts
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet