Man accused of threating pair with box cutter outside store Saturday
A Rome man was taken into custody and charged after he threatened a man and woman holding a child at the time with a box cutter outside Marshalls department store at Freedom Plaza Saturday evening.
Detective Jeffrey M. Lanigan said at about 6:55 p.m., Kevin A. Ribeiro, 23, of 321 E. Bloomfield St., was in a verbal argument with a man whom he knew in the parking lot outside the store at 225 Erie Blvd. W. There was a woman carrying a baby who was with the victim. At one point during the fight, Ribeiro threatened the man and woman with a silver box cutter, Lanigan said.
Ribeiro then fled the scene in his car and was pulled over by members of the Patrol Division a few blocks down the road, just before Ace Place.
Ribeiro was taken into custody and charged with second-degree menacing, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was arraigned in City Court and sent to jail on bail to re-appear on April 25.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018