Man accused of threating pair with box cutter outside store Saturday
A Rome man was taken into custody and charged after he threatened a man and woman holding a child at the time with a box cutter outside Marshalls department store at Freedom Plaza Saturday evening.
Detective Jeffrey M. Lanigan said at about 6:55 p.m., Kevin A. Ribeiro, 23, of 321 E. Bloomfield St., was in a verbal argument with a man whom he knew in the parking lot outside the store at 225 Erie Blvd. W. There was a woman carrying a baby who was with the victim. At one point during the fight, Ribeiro threatened the man and woman with a silver box cutter, Lanigan said.
Ribeiro then fled the scene in his car and was pulled over by members of the Patrol Division a few blocks down the road, just before Ace Place.
Ribeiro was taken into custody and charged with second-degree menacing, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was arraigned in City Court and sent to jail on bail to re-appear on April 25.
- 4:01pm 04/18/18Brothers in blue honor fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Fond memories shared at service for fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Voters to get $117.9M school budget with 3.96 percent tax levy increase
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Board seat to remain vacant until next term starts; only one candidate for three seats so far
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Evergreen Cemetery clears roadways after winds topple trees, cause damage
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Quick-thinking deputies save overdose victim at Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Electrical service repaired to Oriskany Monument park
- 4:00pm 04/18/18State parks, DEC expand first-time camping program
- 4:00pm 04/18/18‘Tick talk’ set for April 29 in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs over campaign contributions