Man accused of threating pair with box cutter outside store Saturday
A Rome man was taken into custody and charged after he threatened a man and woman holding a child at the time with a box cutter outside Marshalls department store at Freedom Plaza Saturday evening.
Detective Jeffrey M. Lanigan said at about 6:55 p.m., Kevin A. Ribeiro, 23, of 321 E. Bloomfield St., was in a verbal argument with a man whom he knew in the parking lot outside the store at 225 Erie Blvd. W. There was a woman carrying a baby who was with the victim. At one point during the fight, Ribeiro threatened the man and woman with a silver box cutter, Lanigan said.
Ribeiro then fled the scene in his car and was pulled over by members of the Patrol Division a few blocks down the road, just before Ace Place.
Ribeiro was taken into custody and charged with second-degree menacing, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was arraigned in City Court and sent to jail on bail to re-appear on April 25.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies