Man accused of striking girlfriend in head with perfume bottle
A 28-year-old man is accused of hitting his girlfriend in the head with a perfume bottle on New Year’s Day. Police said Ronald J. Adsit III, of 506 Mary St., threw a perfume bottle at his girlfriend’s head and struck her in the right side of the head at about 6:30 p.m. Monday. The domestic dispute took place at a residence in the 400 block of W. Embargo St., and authorities said it was in violation of an order of protection filed against Adsit.
In a statement she gave to police, the victim said they were arguing about “relationship problems.”
Adsit is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree contempt, fourth-degree mischief and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors. He was taken into custody by officers Josef I. Hall and Jarred Luczak.
Adsit was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said Adsit also snatched his girlfriend’s cell phone out of her hands when she tried to call for help. One of the woman’s children witnessed the attack, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 07/20/18Access still issue at Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Accused brother waives felony hearing in court
- 4:00pm 07/20/18House catches on fire after failed bid to rid bees from home
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Sherrill Manufacturing to participate in event at White House
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Stanwix Veterans & Men’s Club awards 2018 scholarships
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Chamber honors president, business manager for service
- 4:00pm 07/20/18VVS to host ‘Camp Invention’ enrichment program
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Local job count dips, labor statistics show
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Thruway warns of traffic disruptions
- 4:00pm 07/20/18College graduations, acceptance — July 20, 2018