Man accused of striking girlfriend in head with perfume bottle
A 28-year-old man is accused of hitting his girlfriend in the head with a perfume bottle on New Year’s Day. Police said Ronald J. Adsit III, of 506 Mary St., threw a perfume bottle at his girlfriend’s head and struck her in the right side of the head at about 6:30 p.m. Monday. The domestic dispute took place at a residence in the 400 block of W. Embargo St., and authorities said it was in violation of an order of protection filed against Adsit.
In a statement she gave to police, the victim said they were arguing about “relationship problems.”
Adsit is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree contempt, fourth-degree mischief and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors. He was taken into custody by officers Josef I. Hall and Jarred Luczak.
Adsit was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said Adsit also snatched his girlfriend’s cell phone out of her hands when she tried to call for help. One of the woman’s children witnessed the attack, authorities stated.
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Registered sex offender charged with having child pornography
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Event to aid cancer victims, families
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman faces meth charges after drug raid at residence
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen hurt in crash after suffering medical emergency
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman, three children escape harm in fire
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Councilors set to vote on $44.35M budget
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Signs of changing seasons abound
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18City to host Halloween event Friday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen charged with DWAI with other teens in car