Man accused of striking girlfriend in head with perfume bottle
A 28-year-old man is accused of hitting his girlfriend in the head with a perfume bottle on New Year’s Day. Police said Ronald J. Adsit III, of 506 Mary St., threw a perfume bottle at his girlfriend’s head and struck her in the right side of the head at about 6:30 p.m. Monday. The domestic dispute took place at a residence in the 400 block of W. Embargo St., and authorities said it was in violation of an order of protection filed against Adsit.
In a statement she gave to police, the victim said they were arguing about “relationship problems.”
Adsit is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree contempt, fourth-degree mischief and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors. He was taken into custody by officers Josef I. Hall and Jarred Luczak.
Adsit was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said Adsit also snatched his girlfriend’s cell phone out of her hands when she tried to call for help. One of the woman’s children witnessed the attack, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash