Man accused of striking girlfriend in head with perfume bottle
A 28-year-old man is accused of hitting his girlfriend in the head with a perfume bottle on New Year’s Day. Police said Ronald J. Adsit III, of 506 Mary St., threw a perfume bottle at his girlfriend’s head and struck her in the right side of the head at about 6:30 p.m. Monday. The domestic dispute took place at a residence in the 400 block of W. Embargo St., and authorities said it was in violation of an order of protection filed against Adsit.
In a statement she gave to police, the victim said they were arguing about “relationship problems.”
Adsit is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree contempt, fourth-degree mischief and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors. He was taken into custody by officers Josef I. Hall and Jarred Luczak.
Adsit was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said Adsit also snatched his girlfriend’s cell phone out of her hands when she tried to call for help. One of the woman’s children witnessed the attack, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 01/19/18Village keeps wary eye on temps
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Rome to launch fresh website design this weekend
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Clinton Arena in running for new lighting
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Tenney votes in favor of stopgap bill
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Community schools program may expand beyond Bellamy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Amazon won’t deliver new headquarters to Upstate NY
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Snowmobiler ticketed for riding on sidewalk
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Remsen man accused of robbing pharmacy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Fire Department to hold test prep class at local church
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Six months in jail for convicted sex offender