Cory L. Mills
Man accused of having sex with underage girl
VILLAGE OF VERNON — A 37-year-old man is accused of having sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Vernon, according to area law enforcement officials.
Cory L. Mills, 37, of Canastota, Madison County, had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Vernon, according to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Mills was taken into custody on Monday by Inv. C.J. Paravati and Inv. Frederick Bruzzese III.
Mills is charged with one count of felony second-degree rape, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or bond.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the Child Advocacy Center, the authorities added.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans