Cory L. Mills
Man accused of having sex with underage girl
VILLAGE OF VERNON — A 37-year-old man is accused of having sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Vernon, according to area law enforcement officials.
Cory L. Mills, 37, of Canastota, Madison County, had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Vernon, according to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Mills was taken into custody on Monday by Inv. C.J. Paravati and Inv. Frederick Bruzzese III.
Mills is charged with one count of felony second-degree rape, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or bond.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the Child Advocacy Center, the authorities added.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening