Tyler R. Johnson
Man accused of groping employee at Walmart
A 22-year-old man is accused of groping several female employees at Walmart on Rome-Taberg Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said Tyler R. Johnson, of Golly Road, Lee, approached a female employee from behind at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and grabbed intimate parts of her body. According to store management, Johnson was already known because he had been doing the same thing to other female employees for the past few weeks.
Store officials found Johnson’s license plate number and he was taken into custody at his residence a short time later.
Johnson is charged with one count of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Deputies said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible.
- 4:10pm 02/21/17Brindisi wants to discard STAR change
- 4:00pm 02/21/1724 Rome students in grades K-4 receive charactership awards
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Common Council to mull pair of property sales
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Veterans group eyes Madison House in Oneida as headquarters
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Rome, Utica hospitals’ visitor restrictions remain in place
- 4:00pm 02/21/17White male wanted in Price Chopper theft
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Car accidents leave one dead in Remsen
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Mini-golf at Jervis Library
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Winter washings
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Annual Boonville Snow Festival canceled