Tyler R. Johnson
Man accused of groping employee at Walmart
A 22-year-old man is accused of groping several female employees at Walmart on Rome-Taberg Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said Tyler R. Johnson, of Golly Road, Lee, approached a female employee from behind at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and grabbed intimate parts of her body. According to store management, Johnson was already known because he had been doing the same thing to other female employees for the past few weeks.
Store officials found Johnson’s license plate number and he was taken into custody at his residence a short time later.
Johnson is charged with one count of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Deputies said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible.
- 4:02pm 03/24/17State audit raises questions about Justice Center, reporting of abuse
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Madison County breweries grow after state permits expanded sales
- 4:00pm 03/24/17MVCC to offer non-credit, insurance pre-licensing training courses
- 4:00pm 03/24/17County tax deadline looms
- 4:00pm 03/24/17SUNY Poly to host career, graduate school fair for students, job seekers
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Geese waddle along Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Ride for Missing recognizes help from Rome's finest
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Two drivers hospitalized after crash
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Teen-agers charged in school break-in
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Public Safety Logs — March 24, 2017