Tyler R. Johnson
Man accused of groping employee at Walmart
A 22-year-old man is accused of groping several female employees at Walmart on Rome-Taberg Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said Tyler R. Johnson, of Golly Road, Lee, approached a female employee from behind at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and grabbed intimate parts of her body. According to store management, Johnson was already known because he had been doing the same thing to other female employees for the past few weeks.
Store officials found Johnson’s license plate number and he was taken into custody at his residence a short time later.
Johnson is charged with one count of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Deputies said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible.
- 4:10pm 09/19/17Rome Catholic off to divine start
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Vernon landmark goes on the market
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES receives honor
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Taking advantage of the good weather
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Ombudsmen needed for long-term care program
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Veterans mental health forum focus
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Utica man charged after daytime shooting
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Family Court judge hopeful gains ballot line
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017