Tyler R. Johnson
Man accused of groping employee at Walmart
A 22-year-old man is accused of groping several female employees at Walmart on Rome-Taberg Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said Tyler R. Johnson, of Golly Road, Lee, approached a female employee from behind at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and grabbed intimate parts of her body. According to store management, Johnson was already known because he had been doing the same thing to other female employees for the past few weeks.
Store officials found Johnson’s license plate number and he was taken into custody at his residence a short time later.
Johnson is charged with one count of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Deputies said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible.
- 4:10pm 11/18/17Pendorf, Blackall honored for contributions to Rome’s historical preservation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17BOE approves overseas trip; mulls association expense
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Oneida Common Council reviews 2018 budget with water, police departments
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gift sign-ups start Nov. 27 at rescue mission
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Steuben justice resigns following private investigation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Public Safety Logs — Nov. 18, 2017
- 4:00pm 11/18/17‘Stuff the Bus’ kicks-off today
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Meetings — Monday, Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Genius NY names 16 semifinalists
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Syracuse man charged with DUI in two-vehicle Verona crash