Tyler R. Johnson
Man accused of groping employee at Walmart
A 22-year-old man is accused of groping several female employees at Walmart on Rome-Taberg Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said Tyler R. Johnson, of Golly Road, Lee, approached a female employee from behind at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and grabbed intimate parts of her body. According to store management, Johnson was already known because he had been doing the same thing to other female employees for the past few weeks.
Store officials found Johnson’s license plate number and he was taken into custody at his residence a short time later.
Johnson is charged with one count of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Deputies said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible.
- 4:00pm 06/22/17District in high gear for commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Man charged with attempted murder in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Police probe burglaries in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Lee reminds residents of lawn-watering restrictions
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Unemployment rate rises in region
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Super’s evaluation topic of board meeting tonight
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Rome Art Association awards scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Work on Bridgeport casino continues ahead of schedule
- 4:00pm 06/22/17U.S. attorney for area steps down
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Ava Town Board to hold special meeting