Man accused of attacking ex-girlfriend
A 26-year-old man is accused of attacking and choking his ex-girlfriend at her Liberty Gardens apartment.
Police said Tyriek S. Carter, of 119 E. Thomas St., repeatedly punched and choked his ex at her apartment at 3:25 a.m. Dec. 31. In a statement to police, the victim said she was sleeping when Carter appeared in her bedroom and woke her up with a punch.
The woman told police that Carter had been evicted from the apartment, but he was still living there and wouldn’t leave.
Police said Carter also broke a gold chain from around the woman’s neck.
Another person in the apartment called 9-1-1 and Carter fled, the woman told police. A warrant was issued for his arrest, and authorities said Carter was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Carter is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree harassment, fourth-degree mischief and obstruction of breathing, police stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 4:10pm 07/26/17Meeting eyes fate of Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Boonville Fair beats rain, welcomes guests
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Bellamy group to honor Hinman family with Legacy Award
- 4:00pm 07/26/17‘Textalyzer’ could bust drivers
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Fire leaves woman homeless in Boonville
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Information available for dog owners about harmful algal blooms
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Meetings — July 27, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Location changed for JJ’s reunion
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Avenger gets set to take off
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Oneida Republicans endorse candidate