Man accused of attacking ex-girlfriend
A 26-year-old man is accused of attacking and choking his ex-girlfriend at her Liberty Gardens apartment.
Police said Tyriek S. Carter, of 119 E. Thomas St., repeatedly punched and choked his ex at her apartment at 3:25 a.m. Dec. 31. In a statement to police, the victim said she was sleeping when Carter appeared in her bedroom and woke her up with a punch.
The woman told police that Carter had been evicted from the apartment, but he was still living there and wouldn’t leave.
Police said Carter also broke a gold chain from around the woman’s neck.
Another person in the apartment called 9-1-1 and Carter fled, the woman told police. A warrant was issued for his arrest, and authorities said Carter was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Carter is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree harassment, fourth-degree mischief and obstruction of breathing, police stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 11:30am 03/25/17Pair charged; cocaine, marijuana and handgun seized in drug raid
- 4:02pm 03/24/17State audit raises questions about Justice Center, reporting of abuse
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Madison County breweries grow after state permits expanded sales
- 4:00pm 03/24/17MVCC to offer non-credit, insurance pre-licensing training courses
- 4:00pm 03/24/17County tax deadline looms
- 4:00pm 03/24/17SUNY Poly to host career, graduate school fair for students, job seekers
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Geese waddle along Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Ride for Missing recognizes help from Rome's finest
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Two drivers hospitalized after crash
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Teen-agers charged in school break-in