Man accused of attacking ex-girlfriend
A 26-year-old man is accused of attacking and choking his ex-girlfriend at her Liberty Gardens apartment.
Police said Tyriek S. Carter, of 119 E. Thomas St., repeatedly punched and choked his ex at her apartment at 3:25 a.m. Dec. 31. In a statement to police, the victim said she was sleeping when Carter appeared in her bedroom and woke her up with a punch.
The woman told police that Carter had been evicted from the apartment, but he was still living there and wouldn’t leave.
Police said Carter also broke a gold chain from around the woman’s neck.
Another person in the apartment called 9-1-1 and Carter fled, the woman told police. A warrant was issued for his arrest, and authorities said Carter was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Carter is charged with one count each of third-degree assault, second-degree harassment, fourth-degree mischief and obstruction of breathing, police stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 4:10pm 04/22/17Jury selection starts Monday in murder trial
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Marcy Nanocenter work wins award for firm
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Plan to cut parking in downtown Oneida draws concerns
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Oneida, other counties weigh public defender caseload caps, funding
- 4:00pm 04/22/17President Trump talks with Tenney’s son before six-month military deployment to Iraq
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Area job count increases by 1,200 over last year
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Crash leads to injuries, fuel spill in New Hartford
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Unattended children lead to charges
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Madison County man sold illegal bath salt drugs, deputies say
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Public Safety Logs — April 22, 2017