Man accused of assault, following hit-and-run
TOWN OF VIENNA — A 46-year-old man has been charged with felony assault following a road rage-induced hit and run crash on Lake Street Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Jeffrey M. Wisinski, of Vienna, was in an argument with a 35-year-old man on Lake Street at about 2 p.m. The pair were arguing over speeding in the roadway, authorities said.
Deputies said they were dispatched to the scene after it was reported that a motor vehicle struck a person, and they found the 35-year-old pedestrian lying in the roadway with severe leg injuries.
Deputies said Wisinski had left the scene.
The victim was taken to University Hospital in Syracuse for his injuries, which do not appear life-threatening, authorities said.
Wisinski was identified and taken into custody a short time later. Deputies said he is charged with felony second-degree assault, leaving the scene of an accident, operating an unregistered vehicle and suspended registration.
Wisinski was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail. He is scheduled
to appear in Town Court on
- 11:46am 11/16/18Early season nor’easter socks region
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course