Man accused of assault, following hit-and-run
TOWN OF VIENNA — A 46-year-old man has been charged with felony assault following a road rage-induced hit and run crash on Lake Street Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Jeffrey M. Wisinski, of Vienna, was in an argument with a 35-year-old man on Lake Street at about 2 p.m. The pair were arguing over speeding in the roadway, authorities said.
Deputies said they were dispatched to the scene after it was reported that a motor vehicle struck a person, and they found the 35-year-old pedestrian lying in the roadway with severe leg injuries.
Deputies said Wisinski had left the scene.
The victim was taken to University Hospital in Syracuse for his injuries, which do not appear life-threatening, authorities said.
Wisinski was identified and taken into custody a short time later. Deputies said he is charged with felony second-degree assault, leaving the scene of an accident, operating an unregistered vehicle and suspended registration.
Wisinski was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail. He is scheduled
to appear in Town Court on
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies