Madison County couple die in accident
TOWN OF WARREN — A Madison County couple was killed when their motorcycle rear-ended a van on Route 20 in Herkimer County Sunday afternoon.
Herkimer-based state police said Douglas, 50, and Theresa Woolsey, 46, of Brookfield, were riding on Route 20 towing a trailer at 12:15 p.m. when their 2003 Honda motorcycle rear-ended a 1996 Dodge van.
Troopers said the van, driven by 23-year-old Jonathan A. Neitzey, of Maryland, was stopped attempting to make a left turn into a driveway.
Troopers said the force of the crash ejected both Woolseys from their motorcycle.
Theresa was pronounced dead at the scene, and Douglas was pronounced dead a short time later at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, authorities stated.
Neitzey was also taken to Bassett with minor injuries. Troopers said a fourth person, Bruce H. Vanbrink, 56, of Cooperstown, was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after Neitzey’s van was pushed into his 2004 Jeep, causing the Jeep to roll over onto its roof off the side of the road.
The investigation is continuing, the state police investigators added.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash