Madison County couple die in accident
TOWN OF WARREN — A Madison County couple was killed when their motorcycle rear-ended a van on Route 20 in Herkimer County Sunday afternoon.
Herkimer-based state police said Douglas, 50, and Theresa Woolsey, 46, of Brookfield, were riding on Route 20 towing a trailer at 12:15 p.m. when their 2003 Honda motorcycle rear-ended a 1996 Dodge van.
Troopers said the van, driven by 23-year-old Jonathan A. Neitzey, of Maryland, was stopped attempting to make a left turn into a driveway.
Troopers said the force of the crash ejected both Woolseys from their motorcycle.
Theresa was pronounced dead at the scene, and Douglas was pronounced dead a short time later at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, authorities stated.
Neitzey was also taken to Bassett with minor injuries. Troopers said a fourth person, Bruce H. Vanbrink, 56, of Cooperstown, was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after Neitzey’s van was pushed into his 2004 Jeep, causing the Jeep to roll over onto its roof off the side of the road.
The investigation is continuing, the state police investigators added.
- 4:10pm 07/20/17Bicyclists can ride through region’s history with new feature
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Sylvan Beach gets ready to welcome pirates this weekend
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Good Samaritan rescues woman from rapids
- 4:00pm 07/20/17County executive to feds: Flood victims are engulfed by bureaucracy, red tape
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Aldi's reopens
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Algae forces beaches to close
- 4:00pm 07/20/17RPD holds Law Enforcement Day
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Rome Cemetery announces plans for annual ice cream social event
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Meetings — July 20, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Second St. man accused of damaging girlfriend’s van, slamming door on cops