Madison County couple die in accident
TOWN OF WARREN — A Madison County couple was killed when their motorcycle rear-ended a van on Route 20 in Herkimer County Sunday afternoon.
Herkimer-based state police said Douglas, 50, and Theresa Woolsey, 46, of Brookfield, were riding on Route 20 towing a trailer at 12:15 p.m. when their 2003 Honda motorcycle rear-ended a 1996 Dodge van.
Troopers said the van, driven by 23-year-old Jonathan A. Neitzey, of Maryland, was stopped attempting to make a left turn into a driveway.
Troopers said the force of the crash ejected both Woolseys from their motorcycle.
Theresa was pronounced dead at the scene, and Douglas was pronounced dead a short time later at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, authorities stated.
Neitzey was also taken to Bassett with minor injuries. Troopers said a fourth person, Bruce H. Vanbrink, 56, of Cooperstown, was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after Neitzey’s van was pushed into his 2004 Jeep, causing the Jeep to roll over onto its roof off the side of the road.
The investigation is continuing, the state police investigators added.
- 12:00pm 01/22/18Illinois man faces additional gun charge
- 12:00pm 01/22/18Two injured in separate snowmobile accidents
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire