Madison County couple die in accident
TOWN OF WARREN — A Madison County couple was killed when their motorcycle rear-ended a van on Route 20 in Herkimer County Sunday afternoon.
Herkimer-based state police said Douglas, 50, and Theresa Woolsey, 46, of Brookfield, were riding on Route 20 towing a trailer at 12:15 p.m. when their 2003 Honda motorcycle rear-ended a 1996 Dodge van.
Troopers said the van, driven by 23-year-old Jonathan A. Neitzey, of Maryland, was stopped attempting to make a left turn into a driveway.
Troopers said the force of the crash ejected both Woolseys from their motorcycle.
Theresa was pronounced dead at the scene, and Douglas was pronounced dead a short time later at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, authorities stated.
Neitzey was also taken to Bassett with minor injuries. Troopers said a fourth person, Bruce H. Vanbrink, 56, of Cooperstown, was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after Neitzey’s van was pushed into his 2004 Jeep, causing the Jeep to roll over onto its roof off the side of the road.
The investigation is continuing, the state police investigators added.
- 4:10pm 09/22/17Panel eyes pay for county officials
- 4:00pm 09/22/17‘Critter shelf’ near Boonville aims to reduce roadkill
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Rome woman shares heart attack story to help others
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Event steers $3,000 to district; cooler heads to prevail at RFA?
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Compliance issues scuttle live video showings of Rome Board of Education meetings
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Tenney tours DFAS, cites advocacy for ‘vital employer’ at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Police seize meth, charge six in Florence
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Twin brothers charged in West Liberty Street scuffle
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sheriff probes reported suicide at jail
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Rome man pleads guilty to child porn possession