Madison County couple die in accident
TOWN OF WARREN — A Madison County couple was killed when their motorcycle rear-ended a van on Route 20 in Herkimer County Sunday afternoon.
Herkimer-based state police said Douglas, 50, and Theresa Woolsey, 46, of Brookfield, were riding on Route 20 towing a trailer at 12:15 p.m. when their 2003 Honda motorcycle rear-ended a 1996 Dodge van.
Troopers said the van, driven by 23-year-old Jonathan A. Neitzey, of Maryland, was stopped attempting to make a left turn into a driveway.
Troopers said the force of the crash ejected both Woolseys from their motorcycle.
Theresa was pronounced dead at the scene, and Douglas was pronounced dead a short time later at Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, authorities stated.
Neitzey was also taken to Bassett with minor injuries. Troopers said a fourth person, Bruce H. Vanbrink, 56, of Cooperstown, was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after Neitzey’s van was pushed into his 2004 Jeep, causing the Jeep to roll over onto its roof off the side of the road.
The investigation is continuing, the state police investigators added.
- 4:10pm 11/18/17Pendorf, Blackall honored for contributions to Rome’s historical preservation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17BOE approves overseas trip; mulls association expense
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Oneida Common Council reviews 2018 budget with water, police departments
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gift sign-ups start Nov. 27 at rescue mission
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Steuben justice resigns following private investigation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Public Safety Logs — Nov. 18, 2017
- 4:00pm 11/18/17‘Stuff the Bus’ kicks-off today
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Meetings — Monday, Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Genius NY names 16 semifinalists
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Syracuse man charged with DUI in two-vehicle Verona crash