Lewis County man killed in manure separator
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A 32-year-old Lewis County man died after being pulled into a manure separator at Marks Dairy Farms Monday morning.
State police said Ryan C. Ouellette was tending to a large integrity manure separator at the Cannon Road farm when his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine. Troopers said they are still investigating how Ouellette became caught in the machine.
Ouellette was discovered about 20 or 30 minutes later by a co-worker and he was rushed to the county hospital, then was transferred to University Hospital in Syracuse, authorities said. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 02/20/18BOCES students among regional winners
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Meetings — Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Cartoon Madness this week at the Capitol
- 4:00pm 02/20/18MVCC to screen animated film ‘Coco’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Oneida County tax deadline Feb. 28
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Roman charged with menacing
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Special events at Children’s Museum this week
- 4:00pm 02/20/18State to convene regional panels to discuss, develop plans to fight harmful algae blooms
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Utica Zoo has volunteer post for you