Lewis County man killed in manure separator
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A 32-year-old Lewis County man died after being pulled into a manure separator at Marks Dairy Farms Monday morning.
State police said Ryan C. Ouellette was tending to a large integrity manure separator at the Cannon Road farm when his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine. Troopers said they are still investigating how Ouellette became caught in the machine.
Ouellette was discovered about 20 or 30 minutes later by a co-worker and he was rushed to the county hospital, then was transferred to University Hospital in Syracuse, authorities said. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
The investigation is continuing.
- 5:47pm 08/13/18Romans greet president at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Construction on Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Griffiss underway
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Tax increase anticipated for Lee fire district, officials say
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Swift water rescue training in Whitestown center
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Hate Crimes Task Force to hold forum
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Utica Police announces street closures
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Tickets for ‘Hello Dolly!’ go on sale
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Meetings — Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Teen listed in critical condition after wreck
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Roosevelt Residences affordable housing development to close pre-application window