Lewis County man killed in manure separator
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A 32-year-old Lewis County man died after being pulled into a manure separator at Marks Dairy Farms Monday morning.
State police said Ryan C. Ouellette was tending to a large integrity manure separator at the Cannon Road farm when his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine. Troopers said they are still investigating how Ouellette became caught in the machine.
Ouellette was discovered about 20 or 30 minutes later by a co-worker and he was rushed to the county hospital, then was transferred to University Hospital in Syracuse, authorities said. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Trout program helps school elementary students
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Ride for Missing Children hits home for first-time riders
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Stolen check used in grand larceny
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Arrested in murder of Utica woman
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Charged in pulling fire alarm at County Office Building
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Shooting under investigation
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Public Safety Logs — May 26, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Somber ceremonies throughout region to remember fallen soldiers
- 4:00pm 05/26/18American-Ukrainian Veterans and Men's Club awards scholarship
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Man caught in theft of $400 in Tide pods