Lewis County man killed in manure separator
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A 32-year-old Lewis County man died after being pulled into a manure separator at Marks Dairy Farms Monday morning.
State police said Ryan C. Ouellette was tending to a large integrity manure separator at the Cannon Road farm when his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine. Troopers said they are still investigating how Ouellette became caught in the machine.
Ouellette was discovered about 20 or 30 minutes later by a co-worker and he was rushed to the county hospital, then was transferred to University Hospital in Syracuse, authorities said. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Utica man accused of abuse of disabled child
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Westmoreland man, 33, accused of sex abuse
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Arctic cold front ready to blow in
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Council unveils last agenda for 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Authorities: Menacing report in Floyd appears unfounded
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Wreaths to be placed Saturday on veterans’ graves
- 4:00pm 12/11/17City of Sherrill to auction surplus items
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Meetings — Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital