Lewis County man killed in manure separator
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A 32-year-old Lewis County man died after being pulled into a manure separator at Marks Dairy Farms Monday morning.
State police said Ryan C. Ouellette was tending to a large integrity manure separator at the Cannon Road farm when his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine. Troopers said they are still investigating how Ouellette became caught in the machine.
Ouellette was discovered about 20 or 30 minutes later by a co-worker and he was rushed to the county hospital, then was transferred to University Hospital in Syracuse, authorities said. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus