Kitchen fire displaces four on East Dominick Street
No one was injured after a kitchen fire above the Clover restaurant on East Dominick Street Sunday afternoon, according to officials with the Rome Fire Department.
Deputy Fire Chief David L. Gratch said a resident in one of the second-floor apartments left a pan of grease unattended on the stove at about 1:30 p.m., at 287 E. Dominick St.
The pan ignited and flames jumped to kitchen cabinets, the deputy chief said.
Smoke alarms in the building activated and the property owner used an extinguisher to knock down most of the flames, but they sparked back up by the time fire crews arrived, authorities said.
Firefighters used another extinguisher to knock down the flames for good.
No one was injured in the fire.
Three residents in the apartment, and one resident in a neighboring apartment, have been displaced.
- 6:59pm 03/19/18Prosecutor: Coffin was still in possession of murder weapon when taken into custody
- 4:10pm 03/19/18First of two maple weekends a big, sticky success at VVS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Corning Museum’s GlassBarge to make stop in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Dialogue with super March 26
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Board debate builds over proposals for architect services
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Bellamy Elementary School holds craft fair
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Man, 28, accused of whipping child with towel
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Rome Sports Hall of Fame scoops up Stewart’s grant
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Registration open for 21st annual ‘Ted’ Moore Run
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Driver charged with DWI after car, foot chase