Kirkland Art Center worker accused of stealing
VILLAGE OF CLINTON — An employee at the Kirkland Art Center is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from the organization by using an online PayPal account as her own personal piggy bank, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Jennifer K. Walker, 47, of New Hartford, opened a PayPal bank account in the name of the not-for-profit Kirkland Art Center several years ago, which took in funds for the organization, the sheriff’s department investigators said.
Over the course of several years, investigators said Walker made numerous personal transactions using that money, spending thousands of dollars on herself, the law enforcement officials added.
The Kirkland Art Center notified the Sheriff’s Office in October 2017, and Walker was taken into custody this morning following a year-long investigation, the authorities said.
Walker is charged with one count of fourth-degree grand larceny, a class E felony, deputies said.
She was released on an appearance ticket to answer the
charges in Kirkland Town Court on Oct. 30, the law enforcers added.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus