Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 6:33pm 03/22/18Update: Coffin found guilty of murder
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Meetings — March 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Proposal calls for Rome Lab to receive $243 million
- 4:00pm 03/22/18NYSSD crowns its king and queen
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Madison County issues warning on ‘sharps’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Man, 50, killed in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Wellness Fair set for Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Oneida woman seeks to fill state Supreme Court vacancy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Public Safety Logs — March 22, 2018
- 10:00am 03/22/18Longtime employee Viti buys Herb Philipson’s