Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York