Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:10pm 07/26/17Meeting eyes fate of Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Boonville Fair beats rain, welcomes guests
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Bellamy group to honor Hinman family with Legacy Award
- 4:00pm 07/26/17‘Textalyzer’ could bust drivers
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Fire leaves woman homeless in Boonville
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Information available for dog owners about harmful algal blooms
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Meetings — July 27, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Location changed for JJ’s reunion
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Avenger gets set to take off
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Oneida Republicans endorse candidate