Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:10pm 05/22/17‘Exceptional’ officers lauded
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Family fun at the Rick LeFevre Fishing Derby
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Izzo announces dates for second season of ‘Walk with the Mayor’
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Opening day at Fort Rickey Children’s Discovery Zoo
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Local students among ‘Farming Your Future’ participants
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Pre-licensing class Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Man, 62, charged with fraud for having untaxed cigarettes
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Troopers investigate explosion at motel in Town of Lenox
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Pair of MVCC students receive awards in research, writing, college says
- 4:00pm 05/22/17Council poised to approve $2.2M bond for road work