Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:00pm 06/22/17District in high gear for commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Man charged with attempted murder in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Police probe burglaries in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Lee reminds residents of lawn-watering restrictions
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Unemployment rate rises in region
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Super’s evaluation topic of board meeting tonight
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Rome Art Association awards scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Work on Bridgeport casino continues ahead of schedule
- 4:00pm 06/22/17U.S. attorney for area steps down
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Ava Town Board to hold special meeting