Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility