Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:10pm 11/18/17Pendorf, Blackall honored for contributions to Rome’s historical preservation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17BOE approves overseas trip; mulls association expense
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Oneida Common Council reviews 2018 budget with water, police departments
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gift sign-ups start Nov. 27 at rescue mission
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Steuben justice resigns following private investigation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Public Safety Logs — Nov. 18, 2017
- 4:00pm 11/18/17‘Stuff the Bus’ kicks-off today
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Meetings — Monday, Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Genius NY names 16 semifinalists
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Syracuse man charged with DUI in two-vehicle Verona crash