Jewelry store worker accused of larceny
NEW HARTFORD — An employee of Zales jewelry store at the Sangertown Square Mall is accused of using an employee discount to steal from the company.
Police said Lauren Owens, 21, of Barneveld, purchased jewelry for herself using an employee discount, then returned the jewelry months later at the full price — keeping the difference for herself. Police were notified on Monday.
Owens is charged with one count each of petty larceny, a misdemeanor, and first-degree falsifying business records, a class E felony, authorities stated. She was released on an appearance ticket to Town Court.
- 4:10pm 09/20/17Growing firm begins project Industrial development agency to provide incentives
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Pumpkin season
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Maple Leaf Market nears grand opening in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Recovering heroin user gives hope for addicts, families
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Enjoy the sun, forecasters say, as slow, cool shift expected
- 4:00pm 09/20/17City’s Board of Estimate and Contract poised to approve demolition deals
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Psychiatrist pleads guilty in fraud case at state psychiatric center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Man, 56, accused of breaking into home, harassing residents
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Workshop highlights groups that aid new farmers
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Fundraiser planned for congressional hopeful