Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 09/19/17Rome Catholic off to divine start
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Vernon landmark goes on the market
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES receives honor
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Taking advantage of the good weather
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Ombudsmen needed for long-term care program
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Veterans mental health forum focus
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Utica man charged after daytime shooting
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Family Court judge hopeful gains ballot line
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017