Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 06/22/17District in high gear for commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Man charged with attempted murder in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Police probe burglaries in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Lee reminds residents of lawn-watering restrictions
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Unemployment rate rises in region
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Super’s evaluation topic of board meeting tonight
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Rome Art Association awards scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Work on Bridgeport casino continues ahead of schedule
- 4:00pm 06/22/17U.S. attorney for area steps down
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Ava Town Board to hold special meeting