Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash