Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:02pm 03/24/17State audit raises questions about Justice Center, reporting of abuse
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Madison County breweries grow after state permits expanded sales
- 4:00pm 03/24/17MVCC to offer non-credit, insurance pre-licensing training courses
- 4:00pm 03/24/17County tax deadline looms
- 4:00pm 03/24/17SUNY Poly to host career, graduate school fair for students, job seekers
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Geese waddle along Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Ride for Missing recognizes help from Rome's finest
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Two drivers hospitalized after crash
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Teen-agers charged in school break-in
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Public Safety Logs — March 24, 2017