Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police warn drivers to obey crosswalks, lookout for pedestrians
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police seek help to identify suspect
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Former state trooper arrested second time for drunk driving
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Officials seek to raise awareness of elder abuse
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Camden Class of 1963 to hold 55-year reunion
- 4:00pm 06/20/181973 RFA 45-year class reunion Aug. 10-11
- 4:00pm 06/20/18County Jail to receive $200,000 from state to help with opioid treatment, services
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Meetings — Thursday, June 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Travel Club helps students see world, expand horizons
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Public Safety Logs — June 20, 2018