Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Meetings — July 24, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Oneida County lauded for technology initiatives
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Joy boiler issue nearing ‘middle-ground solution’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Food Truck Rally slated for Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Rotary Club sets 15th annual Canalfest for Aug. 3-5 at Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Acting Madison County sheriff seeks offical post
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Office for Aging to distribute senior farmers market coupons
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Delft Blue to stop local production, 83 jobs will be cut
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Erie Canal bicentennial honored
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Earns bachelor’s degree