Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 04/29/17County Executive Picente cites Vision 2020 progress; eyes future goals
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Storage company seeks variances, permits for Floyd Ave. project
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Denti students prepare for pancake breakfast
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Stewart’s Shop plans before Planning Board
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Stokes Elementary School celebrates Arbor Day
- 4:00pm 04/29/17OCAOT announces spring meeting
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Madison County receives $73,000 in DEC grants
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Ketchum CEO named UC commencement speaker
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Meetings — May 1, 2017
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Utica man sentenced