Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 01/21/17MVHS, Masonic research lab explore affiliation
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Ice fishing on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Business seminar at Chamber
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Rail Trail meeting Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Public Safety Logs — Jan. 21, 2017
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Oneida Common Council hears energy pitch
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Roast pork dinner slated Jan. 29
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Movies — Jan. 21, 2017
- 4:00pm 01/21/17Four plead not guilty in Verona meth lab case
- 4:00pm 01/21/17New structure in the wings at Griffiss Airport