Inmate threw toilet water at guard, deputies say
WHITESTOWN — An inmate at the county jail is facing additional charges after law enforcers said she threw toilet water at a corrections officer.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mary A. Johnson, 50, of Utica, threw toilet water on an officer inside the facility on Monday.
Johnson has been in lockup since Dec. 18 on a charge of criminal mischief, according to jail records.
Johnson has now been charged with aggravated harassment of an employee by an inmate, a class E felony, authorities said.
She was arraigned in Town Court and was returned to the jail with an additional $5,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 02/21/17Brindisi wants to discard STAR change
- 4:00pm 02/21/1724 Rome students in grades K-4 receive charactership awards
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Common Council to mull pair of property sales
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Veterans group eyes Madison House in Oneida as headquarters
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Rome, Utica hospitals’ visitor restrictions remain in place
- 4:00pm 02/21/17White male wanted in Price Chopper theft
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Car accidents leave one dead in Remsen
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Mini-golf at Jervis Library
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Winter washings
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Annual Boonville Snow Festival canceled