Richard J. Fritz, Linda C. Fritz
Husband, wife charged with assault following dispute
A husband and wife have both been charged with assault following a domestic dispute on West Embargo Street early this morning, according to a report by local law enforcement officials.
Police said Richard, 33, and Linda Fritz, 32, were in an argument over bills at their residence at 1:46 a.m. today.
Police said Linda Fritz punched her husband in the face, causing a cut to his lip, and then bit him on the chest.
Police said Richard Fritz then punched his wife in the mouth, splitting open her chin and knocking out a tooth.
Police responded to the scene and they said neither husband or wife wanted to press charges against the other.
Police said both were taken into custody anyway under the mandatory family offense laws.
Both Richard and Linda Fritz are charged with one count of third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, police said.
They are scheduled to appear in City Court, the authorities added.
- 4:01pm 10/19/18Morning accident in Rome snarled morning traffic
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Express Employment Professionals First Dollar of Profit
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Alexis Jones, founder of I Am That Girl, to speak at MVCC
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Help available to update, change Medicare plans
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Westmoreland’s ‘most mysterious locale’ open to public tonight
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Take Back the Night event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Adults ticketed after ECOs say teens hunting illegally
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Driver injured, ticketed in crash
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Threat at school leads to investigation
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Oneida Lake boat launch closed temporarily