Hunter, 32, hurt in tree stand mishap
A 32-year-old man was injured when he fell off a tree stand while hunting just north of Old Oneida Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said the unidentified man fell about 30 feet as a result of a defective strap securing the stand in the tree just before 3 p.m. His injuries were not life threatening and his weapon never discharged, deputies said.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded. The hunter was then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, for further treatment.
- 4:10pm 12/14/17Red Kettle campaign seeks boost
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Cuomo: Remove firearms from domestic abusers in state
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Crash sends teen to hospital in Camden
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Wednesday Morning Club gathers, honors deceased members during annual Christmas concert
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Local projects to receive state assistance include efforts in Rome, Utica
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Tenney inclined to back tax deal
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Greystone Animal Hospital closed until further notice
- 4:00pm 12/14/17R-CATS included in Save a Life campaign; funds raise aid stray cat program
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Man faces drug charges after search
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Meetings — Friday, Dec. 15, 2017