Hunter, 32, hurt in tree stand mishap
A 32-year-old man was injured when he fell off a tree stand while hunting just north of Old Oneida Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said the unidentified man fell about 30 feet as a result of a defective strap securing the stand in the tree just before 3 p.m. His injuries were not life threatening and his weapon never discharged, deputies said.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded. The hunter was then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, for further treatment.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus