Hunter, 32, hurt in tree stand mishap
A 32-year-old man was injured when he fell off a tree stand while hunting just north of Old Oneida Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said the unidentified man fell about 30 feet as a result of a defective strap securing the stand in the tree just before 3 p.m. His injuries were not life threatening and his weapon never discharged, deputies said.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded. The hunter was then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, for further treatment.
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Trout program helps school elementary students
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Ride for Missing Children hits home for first-time riders
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Stolen check used in grand larceny
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Arrested in murder of Utica woman
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Charged in pulling fire alarm at County Office Building
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Shooting under investigation
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Public Safety Logs — May 26, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Somber ceremonies throughout region to remember fallen soldiers
- 4:00pm 05/26/18American-Ukrainian Veterans and Men's Club awards scholarship
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Man caught in theft of $400 in Tide pods