Hunter, 32, hurt in tree stand mishap
A 32-year-old man was injured when he fell off a tree stand while hunting just north of Old Oneida Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said the unidentified man fell about 30 feet as a result of a defective strap securing the stand in the tree just before 3 p.m. His injuries were not life threatening and his weapon never discharged, deputies said.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded. The hunter was then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, for further treatment.
- 4:10pm 02/20/18Local students aid hurricane victims
- 4:01pm 02/20/18State, city to monitor flooding situation
- 4:01pm 02/20/18Threat against RFA investigated
- 4:00pm 02/20/18BOCES students among regional winners
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Meetings — Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Cartoon Madness this week at the Capitol
- 4:00pm 02/20/18MVCC to screen animated film ‘Coco’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Oneida County tax deadline Feb. 28
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Roman charged with menacing
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3