Hunter, 32, hurt in tree stand mishap
A 32-year-old man was injured when he fell off a tree stand while hunting just north of Old Oneida Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said the unidentified man fell about 30 feet as a result of a defective strap securing the stand in the tree just before 3 p.m. His injuries were not life threatening and his weapon never discharged, deputies said.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded. The hunter was then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica, for further treatment.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening