Officer Scott W. Hoag
Hoag named Officer of Month
Patrolman Scott W. Hoag has been named the Officer of the Month for August with the Rome Police Department.
Hoag is currently assigned as the school resource officer for both Strough Middle School campuses.
Officials said Hoag has been a great role model and mentor to youth in the community, and leads by community with both his students and new
Hoag is being honored for planning and carrying out activities for the Kops 4 Kids Program, as well as his work planning Law Enforcement Day and other community events.
Hoag is also being recognized for assisting in a “shots fired” call from over the summer, in which four individuals were identified, police said.
- 6:55pm 10/20/17Electronic paper trail focus of day five of Conley trial
- 4:10pm 10/20/17Local boy has recipe for success
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Fall foliage at or near peak in eight of state’s 11 regions
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Pre-trial motions address evidence, issues in Oneida murder trial
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Central New York Citizens in Action holds vigil
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Madison County streamlines pistol permit process
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Take Back the Night event against domestic violence held in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Members hail board’s new ad hoc committee