Herkimer County woman accused of drunk driving in liquor store lot
TOWN OF TRENTON — A Herkimer County woman registered a blood alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit in a liquor store parking lot Friday afternoon.
State police said they were called to Trenton Station Liquors & Wine on Route 12 at about 4 p.m. to check the welfare of a woman sitting in a parked vehicle in their lot.
Troopers said they found an intoxicated Monika E. Story, 57, of Poland.
Troopers said Story registered a blood alcohol content of 0.18 percent — more than twice the legal threshold of 0.08 percent.
Story was ticketed for driving while intoxicated and aggravated DWI, authorities said.
She was released on an appearance ticket for Town Court for Nov. 28, according to the law enforcers.
- 4:03pm 01/23/18Harden assets for sale, report says
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Hall named Officer of Month
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Naturalization ceremony Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Brief shutdown has varying impact at installations
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Rome man, 61, arrested, twice, in domestic dispute
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Mother in Yorkville fire succumbs to injuries
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Team to host chicken riggie dinner fundraiser
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Recreation Dept. to host annual Sweet Heart Couples Dance
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Blood drive Friday at Rome church
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Deadline Jan. 31 for internship program