Herkimer County woman accused of drunk driving in liquor store lot
TOWN OF TRENTON — A Herkimer County woman registered a blood alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit in a liquor store parking lot Friday afternoon.
State police said they were called to Trenton Station Liquors & Wine on Route 12 at about 4 p.m. to check the welfare of a woman sitting in a parked vehicle in their lot.
Troopers said they found an intoxicated Monika E. Story, 57, of Poland.
Troopers said Story registered a blood alcohol content of 0.18 percent — more than twice the legal threshold of 0.08 percent.
Story was ticketed for driving while intoxicated and aggravated DWI, authorities said.
She was released on an appearance ticket for Town Court for Nov. 28, according to the law enforcers.
- 4:10pm 11/22/17Ribbon cut for new health care services downtown
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Gingerbread Village open at Turning Stone
- 4:00pm 11/22/17House at 426 W. Court St. demolished
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Small businesses to come together Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Army helicopters at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Lee waits for answers to trickle in from state on well-drilling
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Two run for one seat on Lee Board of Fire Commissioners
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Comets deliver turkeys, and good will, to local families in need
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Sherrill to host Christmas lighting contest
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Discussion on U.S.-Iran relations at Hamilton College