Officer Kevin Crossley
Funeral for fallen Whitesboro officer to be held at Utica Aud
The funeral for fallen Whitesboro Police Officer Kevin Crossley will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
Public calling hours will also be at the Aud from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
State police said the investigation is continuing into the crash that killed Crossley on Oriskany Boulevard in Whitesboro on the night of April 11.
Authorities said Crossley, age, 34, was on patrol when his police cruiser collided nearly head-on with a vehicle turning onto Westmoreland Street, shortly before 8 p.m.
No charges have been filed so far.
Crossley is a 7-year veteran of the Whitesboro Police Department. He is survived by his parents and a longtime girlfriend.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Dimbleby Funeral Home in Whitesboro.
The calling hours and funeral are expected to be attended by law enforcement officers from across the state and beyond. A multi-agency contingent of officers will provide the honor guard.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018