Officer Kevin Crossley
Funeral for fallen Whitesboro officer to be held at Utica Aud
The funeral for fallen Whitesboro Police Officer Kevin Crossley will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
Public calling hours will also be at the Aud from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
State police said the investigation is continuing into the crash that killed Crossley on Oriskany Boulevard in Whitesboro on the night of April 11.
Authorities said Crossley, age, 34, was on patrol when his police cruiser collided nearly head-on with a vehicle turning onto Westmoreland Street, shortly before 8 p.m.
No charges have been filed so far.
Crossley is a 7-year veteran of the Whitesboro Police Department. He is survived by his parents and a longtime girlfriend.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Dimbleby Funeral Home in Whitesboro.
The calling hours and funeral are expected to be attended by law enforcement officers from across the state and beyond. A multi-agency contingent of officers will provide the honor guard.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award