Officer Kevin Crossley
Funeral for fallen Whitesboro officer to be held at Utica Aud
The funeral for fallen Whitesboro Police Officer Kevin Crossley will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
Public calling hours will also be at the Aud from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
State police said the investigation is continuing into the crash that killed Crossley on Oriskany Boulevard in Whitesboro on the night of April 11.
Authorities said Crossley, age, 34, was on patrol when his police cruiser collided nearly head-on with a vehicle turning onto Westmoreland Street, shortly before 8 p.m.
No charges have been filed so far.
Crossley is a 7-year veteran of the Whitesboro Police Department. He is survived by his parents and a longtime girlfriend.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Dimbleby Funeral Home in Whitesboro.
The calling hours and funeral are expected to be attended by law enforcement officers from across the state and beyond. A multi-agency contingent of officers will provide the honor guard.
- 4:01pm 04/18/18Brothers in blue honor fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Fond memories shared at service for fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Voters to get $117.9M school budget with 3.96 percent tax levy increase
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Board seat to remain vacant until next term starts; only one candidate for three seats so far
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Evergreen Cemetery clears roadways after winds topple trees, cause damage
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Quick-thinking deputies save overdose victim at Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Electrical service repaired to Oriskany Monument park
- 4:00pm 04/18/18State parks, DEC expand first-time camping program
- 4:00pm 04/18/18‘Tick talk’ set for April 29 in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs over campaign contributions