Officer Kevin Crossley
Funeral for fallen Whitesboro officer to be held at Utica Aud
The funeral for fallen Whitesboro Police Officer Kevin Crossley will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
Public calling hours will also be at the Aud from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
State police said the investigation is continuing into the crash that killed Crossley on Oriskany Boulevard in Whitesboro on the night of April 11.
Authorities said Crossley, age, 34, was on patrol when his police cruiser collided nearly head-on with a vehicle turning onto Westmoreland Street, shortly before 8 p.m.
No charges have been filed so far.
Crossley is a 7-year veteran of the Whitesboro Police Department. He is survived by his parents and a longtime girlfriend.
Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Dimbleby Funeral Home in Whitesboro.
The calling hours and funeral are expected to be attended by law enforcement officers from across the state and beyond. A multi-agency contingent of officers will provide the honor guard.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans