Paul W. Spalding Jr.
Fort Drum soldier faces rape charge
TOWN OF REMSEN — A Fort Drum soldier is accused of having sex with a teenage girl in Remsen.
Paul W. Spalding Jr., 21, visited the girl on multiple occasions over the past three months, eventually having sex with her at least once, according to Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of the county Child Advocacy Center.
The girl is less than 16-years-old.
Authorities said Spalding is a U.S. Army specialist stationed at Fort Drum.
Spalding was taken into custody on Thursday on one count of felony third-degree rape, authorities stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail. Spalding is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said additional charges are possible as the investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans