Paul W. Spalding Jr.
Fort Drum soldier faces rape charge
TOWN OF REMSEN — A Fort Drum soldier is accused of having sex with a teenage girl in Remsen.
Paul W. Spalding Jr., 21, visited the girl on multiple occasions over the past three months, eventually having sex with her at least once, according to Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of the county Child Advocacy Center.
The girl is less than 16-years-old.
Authorities said Spalding is a U.S. Army specialist stationed at Fort Drum.
Spalding was taken into custody on Thursday on one count of felony third-degree rape, authorities stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail. Spalding is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said additional charges are possible as the investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award