Former Roman sentenced to 10 years in state prison
A parolee and former Roman has been sentenced to 10 years in state prison as part of a large-scale drug trafficking ring operating throughout Central New York.
Antwan Lockhart, 32, was sentenced Friday by Judge Thomas J. Miller in Onondaga County Court to a decade behind bars following a guilty plea to second-degree possession of a controlled substance, a class A felony, according to the state Attorney General’s Office.
Authorities said Lockhart was taken into custody in April 2017 as part of “Operation Bricktown”, which was a crackdown on the violent Bricktown street gang in Syracuse. Lockhart was one of 52 people taken into custody in the operation. He lived in Oneida at the time.
Authorities said Lockhart supplied drugs to a trafficking ring that distributed cocaine and heroin throughout Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, St. Lawrence, and Cortland counties. During the execution of a search warrant at an apartment rented by Lockhart, investigators said they recovered nearly two kilograms of cocaine, along with cocaine presses and other narcotics paraphernalia.
All 52 people taken into custody during Operation Bricktown have since pleaded guilty, according to the Attorney General’s Office. Lockhart has a history with large-scale law enforcement operations.
Authorities said Lockhart lived in Rome in 2008, when he was taken into custody as part of “Operation Blackjack.”
Authorities at the time said Lockhart was a ring-leader in a drug trafficking operation that bought cocaine from suppliers in the Bronx and transported it by car to Oneida, Madison, Oswego and Onondaga counties.
A total of 15 people, including Lockhart, were taken into custody during that 2008 bust. According to state records, Lockhart served six years of a nine year sentence in state prison on drug charges. He was released on parole on May 2, 2014.
- 4:10pm 05/25/18Rome Elks use unique fundraiser to aid area vets
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Defendant in UC threat case charged with theft
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Motorcyclist charged after nearly year-long investigation into New Hartford accident
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sylvan Beach, county finalizing plan to close unsupervised swimming area
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Pair of anglers accused of breaking fishing limits
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Steel workers union endorses Brindisi for Congress
- 4:00pm 05/25/18City casts net again for rescheduled fishing derby
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Community Bank donates $10,000 to Rome Hospital Foundation
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Turning Stone names new director of nightlife