Former Roman sentenced to 10 years in state prison
A parolee and former Roman has been sentenced to 10 years in state prison as part of a large-scale drug trafficking ring operating throughout Central New York.
Antwan Lockhart, 32, was sentenced Friday by Judge Thomas J. Miller in Onondaga County Court to a decade behind bars following a guilty plea to second-degree possession of a controlled substance, a class A felony, according to the state Attorney General’s Office.
Authorities said Lockhart was taken into custody in April 2017 as part of “Operation Bricktown”, which was a crackdown on the violent Bricktown street gang in Syracuse. Lockhart was one of 52 people taken into custody in the operation. He lived in Oneida at the time.
Authorities said Lockhart supplied drugs to a trafficking ring that distributed cocaine and heroin throughout Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, St. Lawrence, and Cortland counties. During the execution of a search warrant at an apartment rented by Lockhart, investigators said they recovered nearly two kilograms of cocaine, along with cocaine presses and other narcotics paraphernalia.
All 52 people taken into custody during Operation Bricktown have since pleaded guilty, according to the Attorney General’s Office. Lockhart has a history with large-scale law enforcement operations.
Authorities said Lockhart lived in Rome in 2008, when he was taken into custody as part of “Operation Blackjack.”
Authorities at the time said Lockhart was a ring-leader in a drug trafficking operation that bought cocaine from suppliers in the Bronx and transported it by car to Oneida, Madison, Oswego and Onondaga counties.
A total of 15 people, including Lockhart, were taken into custody during that 2008 bust. According to state records, Lockhart served six years of a nine year sentence in state prison on drug charges. He was released on parole on May 2, 2014.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award