Philip S. Haggart
Floyd man accused of sexual abuse of girl
TOWN OF FLOYD — A 64-year-old man was charged Wednesday with sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl at his residence starting back in 2017.
Det. Edwin A. D’Alessandro, with the sheriff’s Child Advocacy Center, said Philip S. Haggart was taken into custody at the sheriff’s office in Whitestown and charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Det. D’Alessandro said the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office recommended that bail be set in the amount of $7,500, however, after arraignment, Haggart was released on his own recognizance.
The detective said an order of protection for the victim against Haggart was also requested.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center. D’Alessandro said additional charges are possible as the investigation continues.
- 9:21pm 09/25/18Authorities respond to gunshot victim near South Madison Street
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Griffo, Valesky get high grades from pro-business group; Assembly members lower
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Utica Zoo back in good standing
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Board of Education does away with on-site school meetings
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Common Council set to receive mayor’s proposed 2019 budget
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Church to host Lord’s Acre Auction Friday
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Man arrested again on drug, cigarette charges
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Students lacking vaccinations to be barred starting Monday
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Agency seeks host sites for AmeriCorps program
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Colonial Park center to hold Fall Festival Saturday