Philip S. Haggart
Floyd man accused of sexual abuse of girl
TOWN OF FLOYD — A 64-year-old man was charged Wednesday with sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl at his residence starting back in 2017.
Det. Edwin A. D’Alessandro, with the sheriff’s Child Advocacy Center, said Philip S. Haggart was taken into custody at the sheriff’s office in Whitestown and charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Det. D’Alessandro said the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office recommended that bail be set in the amount of $7,500, however, after arraignment, Haggart was released on his own recognizance.
The detective said an order of protection for the victim against Haggart was also requested.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center. D’Alessandro said additional charges are possible as the investigation continues.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018