Florence man accused of sexual abuse of boy
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 49-year-old man is accused of sexually abusing an underage boy, according to local law enforcement officials.
Bill J. Leyva, of Florence, had repeated sexual contact with a male under the age of 15 in Florence in August, according to an announcement by the county Child Advocacy Center.
Leyva was taken into custody on Tuesday, the Child Advocacy Center added.
Leyva is charged with one count of second-degree criminal sexual act, a class D felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court, authorities added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC, the center said.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York