Florence man accused of sexual abuse of boy
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 49-year-old man is accused of sexually abusing an underage boy, according to local law enforcement officials.
Bill J. Leyva, of Florence, had repeated sexual contact with a male under the age of 15 in Florence in August, according to an announcement by the county Child Advocacy Center.
Leyva was taken into custody on Tuesday, the Child Advocacy Center added.
Leyva is charged with one count of second-degree criminal sexual act, a class D felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court, authorities added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC, the center said.
- 4:10pm 09/21/17City outlines plans, projects for $10M grant
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Heat wave prompts swim extension at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hoag named Officer of Month
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Premier Aviation to sell some Canadian operations, says Griffiss facility not affected
- 4:00pm 09/21/17General Cable water tower work continues
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Purchases, social worker on school board agenda
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Police seek info in break-in
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Retired teacher helps promote National Teach Ag Day
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative holds forum
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Colonial Park Fall Festival set for Oct. 7