Florence man accused of sexual abuse of boy
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 49-year-old man is accused of sexually abusing an underage boy, according to local law enforcement officials.
Bill J. Leyva, of Florence, had repeated sexual contact with a male under the age of 15 in Florence in August, according to an announcement by the county Child Advocacy Center.
Leyva was taken into custody on Tuesday, the Child Advocacy Center added.
Leyva is charged with one count of second-degree criminal sexual act, a class D felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court, authorities added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC, the center said.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility