Florence man accused of sexual abuse of boy
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 49-year-old man is accused of sexually abusing an underage boy, according to local law enforcement officials.
Bill J. Leyva, of Florence, had repeated sexual contact with a male under the age of 15 in Florence in August, according to an announcement by the county Child Advocacy Center.
Leyva was taken into custody on Tuesday, the Child Advocacy Center added.
Leyva is charged with one count of second-degree criminal sexual act, a class D felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court, authorities added.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC, the center said.
- 4:10pm 11/21/17Holiday travelers to see lower gas prices
- 4:00pm 11/21/17County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Area road construction projects linger on
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Officials secure $250K for Chenango Road Bridge
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Getting ready for Rome’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Nurses contract, resource officer position before county board
- 4:00pm 11/21/17School district outlines ‘snow day’ policy, procedures
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sauquoit man succumbs to injuries in Herkimer County
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Two sent to federal prison on meth charges