Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 02/22/18Rome’s women in blue welcomed
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Congresswoman claims comment taken out of context
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Herkimer man to seek seat in 118th Assembly District
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Residents can view plans, schedule for Utica Street bridge project March 7
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Department’s newest sergeant takes helm of Juvenile Aid Division
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Picente rails at FEMA appeal denial
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Sled dogs visit Town of Western library
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Makeshift handcuff keys seized during prison investigation
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Oneida County Republican Commitee endorses Tenney for second term
- 4:00pm 02/22/18City reminds residents of grass regulation