Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 1:00pm 03/23/17Body of second missing swimmer is found
- 12:30pm 03/23/17Tenney leaning toward yes vote on health care bill
- 12:00pm 03/23/17Councilors OK extension for Old City Hall project
- 4:00pm 03/22/17‘School of Rock’ to take stage in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pre-K busing rolls back into school budget plan
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pair of projects to receive incentives, tax breaks
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Incumbent first to file for school board election
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Write-in candidate wins Barneveld mayoral race by more than 2 to 1
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Clark named Officer of the Month
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Three accused of slashing tires, causing more than $250 in damages