Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 01/17/17Police seek help identifying theft suspect
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Lee Center fire department to update plan, fix firehouse door
- 4:00pm 01/17/172017 Madison County travel guide released
- 4:00pm 01/17/17RFA to host area schools for sixth annual Show Choir Festival on Friday
- 4:00pm 01/17/17‘Temporary fix’ enables some shows to go on at Rome Free Academy auditorium
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Interactive presentations at Joy School
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Overdose victim rescued in Augusta, deputies say
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Utica woman arrested after drug raid
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Volunteering at Loaves and Fishes
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Man accused of choking woman