Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 05/24/17City outlines next steps for Woodhaven
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area officials see pain in proposed federal spending cuts
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Vietnam Veterans to be honored at luncheon Saturday at MVCC
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area jobless rate falls slightly
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Meetings — May 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 05/24/17DWI crackdown this weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/17With focus on expansion into U.S. marketplace, company aims to have Marcy facility online by April
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Westernville teen earns Eagle Scout designation
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Don’t throw away your shot, Hamilton grads urged
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Pair at SUNY Poly’s Marcy campus receive awards for excellence