Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 6:55pm 10/20/17Electronic paper trail focus of day five of Conley trial
- 4:10pm 10/20/17Local boy has recipe for success
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Fall foliage at or near peak in eight of state’s 11 regions
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Pre-trial motions address evidence, issues in Oneida murder trial
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Central New York Citizens in Action holds vigil
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Madison County streamlines pistol permit process
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Take Back the Night event against domestic violence held in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Members hail board’s new ad hoc committee