Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 12/12/17Officials defend Strough project pace but eye 2018 alternatives
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sheriff urges snowmobilers to think safety
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Third man arrested in JCPenney robbery
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Club: Trails not yet open
- 4:00pm 12/12/17City schedules next public session on downtown initiative
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sherrill passes $4.1M 2018 budget; residents to see tax increase
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Assemblyman reminds constituents to beware of phone scams
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Region to hear on priority projects
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Tioga Construction contractors Mike Lavenbure a...
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Meetings — Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017