Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018