Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Charged in Sunoco robbery
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome school district honored with Best Communities for Music Education designation
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Seasonal Sports to replace damaged sign at Bobby Page Memorial Fields
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College student accused of threats offered plea deal
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College to hold special ed open house Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome Clean and Green to participate for 20th year in Keep America Beautiful Great American Clean Up
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Local jobless rate falls
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Holland Patent receives school safety award
- 4:00pm 04/20/18SUNY Poly to host Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire