Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 02/25/17Conover to take over as Public Works Commissioner, Schmidt moves to part-time
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Father, son charged with contraband at county jail
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sangertown Square to get refunded $650,000 from county
- 4:00pm 02/25/17First laps of 15th annual Rome Run & Indoor Walk
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Three white male suspects identified
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Public comment on ESSA scheduled for March 16 at Madison-Oneida BOCES
- 4:00pm 02/25/17MacDougall Foundation gifts $4K to Wanderers’ Rest
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Cow put down for rabies
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sex offender taken into custody
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Republican committee to screen candidates