Taylor B. Sharron
Florence man, 20, accused of smashing woman in head with bat
TOWN OF FLORENCE — A 20-year-old man is accused of smashing a woman in the head with a baseball bat.
Sheriff’s deputies said Taylor B. Sharron, of Wolcott Hill Road, struck his father’s girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat during a dispute at his residence on Jan.5. The woman suffered injuries to her face and was treated at a local hospital.
Sharron is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, authorities said.
He was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $25,000 bond, according to the law enforcement officials.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 08/17/17Oriskany mourns loss of educator, board president
- 4:00pm 08/17/17DiMarco failed to list city income
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Governor announces next round of state’s Restore NY program
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Roof work underway at Oneida County Courthouse in Rome
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Vernon woman charged with threatening man with knife
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Troopers say Remsen man caught on video sexually abusing young child
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Bridgewater man faces abuse, endangerment charges
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Probe into U-Haul crash continuing, police say
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Lee man arrested for pot possession
- 4:00pm 08/17/17National Conquer Chiari walk includes Rome event