Fire displaces two families
LYONS FALLS — Two families have been displaced after a house fire in Lewis County Wednesday afternoon.
Fire officials said the upstairs tenants at 4121 Center St. noticed a smoking light fixture at about 5 p.m. All residents were evacuated and the alarm was raised. By the time fire crews arrived, authorities said the second-floor and attic were fully involved.
Volunteers from four departments battled the fire. Officials said both apartments were destroyed. The property is insured.
Officials said the cause of the fire remains under investigations. Both families are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
The Lyons Falls, Port Leyden, Constableville and Turin departments responded.
- 4:10pm 07/14/18Yorkville resident receives Liberty Medal
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Over 1,000 youngsters participate in county’s annual Sidewalk Art Contest
- 4:00pm 07/14/18IDA approves three actions for project at former Rome Cable
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Music teacher position added at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Oneida to hold groundbreaking ceremony for railway redevelopment
- 4:00pm 07/14/18DiNapoli mentions Rome, Utica demographics in report
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Boy in critical condition after BB gun game
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Public Safety Logs — July 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Sherrill to host concert series, balloon walk
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Newly donated items featured at Rome Historical Society