Fire displaces two families
LYONS FALLS — Two families have been displaced after a house fire in Lewis County Wednesday afternoon.
Fire officials said the upstairs tenants at 4121 Center St. noticed a smoking light fixture at about 5 p.m. All residents were evacuated and the alarm was raised. By the time fire crews arrived, authorities said the second-floor and attic were fully involved.
Volunteers from four departments battled the fire. Officials said both apartments were destroyed. The property is insured.
Officials said the cause of the fire remains under investigations. Both families are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
The Lyons Falls, Port Leyden, Constableville and Turin departments responded.
- 12:00pm 09/24/18Yorkville man rejects plea offer for second-degree murder
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals