Fire displaces two families
LYONS FALLS — Two families have been displaced after a house fire in Lewis County Wednesday afternoon.
Fire officials said the upstairs tenants at 4121 Center St. noticed a smoking light fixture at about 5 p.m. All residents were evacuated and the alarm was raised. By the time fire crews arrived, authorities said the second-floor and attic were fully involved.
Volunteers from four departments battled the fire. Officials said both apartments were destroyed. The property is insured.
Officials said the cause of the fire remains under investigations. Both families are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
The Lyons Falls, Port Leyden, Constableville and Turin departments responded.
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching