Fire destroys shed; blaze probed
TOWN OF MARTINSBURG — Cause of a fire that destroyed a boiler shed on Bealuck Road Friday is still under investigation.
Martinsburg Fire Department was called to 5917 Bealuck Road at 5:18 p.m. where firefighters found the shed fully involved, with smoke coming from the storage area, Chief Billy Steria said. Once the flames were knocked down the 16-foot by 40-foot building, owned by Mark’s Farm, 6314 Cannan Road, was taken down for safety reasons.
Lowville Fire Department and 3-G Volunteer Fire Department provided mutual aid. Steria said contents of the shed were saved while some power equipment was destroyed. A neighbor assisted at the scene with a backhoe to remove the firewood. Lewis County Highway Department assisted with an excavator, the chief said.
The structure was insured, the official added.
- 12:00pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty