Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — A 2 1/2 story garage on Route 69 was destroyed by flames Thursday evening.
Lee Center Fire Chief James Rouillier Jr. said an alarm was received from a resident at a neighboring trailer park from the garage at about 5:45 p.m.
The structure was fully involved upon arrival, Rouillier said.
About 40 fire personnel responded to the scene. Mutual aid was received from Camden, McConnellsville and Taberg fire departments. It took about an hour and a half before the blaze was deemed under control, Rouillier said.
The garage and its contents were “a total loss, and there was minimal vinyl damage to the adjacent house,” the chief said. The owners, whose names were unavailable, were insured, he said.
- 4:10pm 05/25/18Rome Elks use unique fundraiser to aid area vets
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Defendant in UC threat case charged with theft
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Motorcyclist charged after nearly year-long investigation into New Hartford accident
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sylvan Beach, county finalizing plan to close unsupervised swimming area
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Pair of anglers accused of breaking fishing limits
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Steel workers union endorses Brindisi for Congress
- 4:00pm 05/25/18City casts net again for rescheduled fishing derby
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Community Bank donates $10,000 to Rome Hospital Foundation
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Turning Stone names new director of nightlife