Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — A 2 1/2 story garage on Route 69 was destroyed by flames Thursday evening.
Lee Center Fire Chief James Rouillier Jr. said an alarm was received from a resident at a neighboring trailer park from the garage at about 5:45 p.m.
The structure was fully involved upon arrival, Rouillier said.
About 40 fire personnel responded to the scene. Mutual aid was received from Camden, McConnellsville and Taberg fire departments. It took about an hour and a half before the blaze was deemed under control, Rouillier said.
The garage and its contents were “a total loss, and there was minimal vinyl damage to the adjacent house,” the chief said. The owners, whose names were unavailable, were insured, he said.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award