Father, son injured in ATV crashes
WEST TURIN — A father and son from Lewis County were both hospitalized after their all-terrain vehicles crashed on the same sharp curve Sunday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Edward A. Farr Sr., 63, and Edward A. Farr Jr., 39, both of Port Leyden, were riding ATVs on Smith Road at about 6 p.m. when they both lost control on a sharp curve. Deputies said Farr Sr.’s ATV overturned and he was thrown off, while Farr Jr.’s ATV crashed into a small tree.
Both men were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica. Authorities said Farr Sr. was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit, while Farr Jr. was treated and released for minor injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:00pm 11/20/18School board approves policy against ‘meal shaming’
- 4:00pm 11/20/18County to renew medical examiner services contract with Onondaga County
- 4:00pm 11/20/18DeWitt Clinton neighbors invited to meeting
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Woman faces rape charge
- 4:00pm 11/20/18DWI charged after vehicle strikes porch in Remsen
- 4:00pm 11/20/18RFA Travel Club to host fundraiser
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Area unemployment rate falls
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Public can weigh in on Oneida budget tonight
- 4:00pm 11/20/18RFA senior takes first place in debate tourney
- 4:00pm 11/20/18VVS class invites senior citizens to Holiday Breakfast