Father, son injured in ATV crashes
WEST TURIN — A father and son from Lewis County were both hospitalized after their all-terrain vehicles crashed on the same sharp curve Sunday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Edward A. Farr Sr., 63, and Edward A. Farr Jr., 39, both of Port Leyden, were riding ATVs on Smith Road at about 6 p.m. when they both lost control on a sharp curve. Deputies said Farr Sr.’s ATV overturned and he was thrown off, while Farr Jr.’s ATV crashed into a small tree.
Both men were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica. Authorities said Farr Sr. was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit, while Farr Jr. was treated and released for minor injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies