Ex-nurse charged with stealing drugs, falsifying records
NEW HARTFORD — A Herkimer County man is accused of working as a practical nurse on an expired certification and stealing drugs from his place of employment.
Police said Jonathan F. Hosford, 34, of Richfield Springs, worked at a local rehabilitation center as a licensed practical nurse when he started stealing medicine that had been prescribed to the residents. Police said Hosford’s nursing certification also expired, but he continued working for at least a month at the facility.
The missing narcotics were reported to police in late July. Following an investigation, Hosford was taken into custody this week.
Hosford is charged with one count each of petty larceny, first-degree falsifying business records, unauthorized practice of a profession and fifth and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, police stated. He was arraigned in Town Court and was released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Owner ticketed for leaving dog in locked vehicle
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Police accuse Utica woman of switching tags at Walmart
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Crash sends three to hospital
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Pair face drug, additional charges
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Board of Ed approves disciplinary pact for district, teacher
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Verona ladies auxiliary to host craft show
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Community Bank N.A. supports Oneida Performing Arts
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet