Elderly pair injured in auto accident
NEW HARTFORD — Two seniors were hospitalized with minor injuries after law enforcers said their vehicle was struck by a driver operating under the influence of drugs on Clinton Road Monday afternoon.
Police said Patrick McGuiggan, 31, of Waterville, was southbound at about 3:12 p.m. driving under the influence of drugs when his Lincoln sedan crossed into the oncoming lane.
Police said the Lincoln collided with a northbound Hyundai sedan, driven by Gerard, 86, and Susanne Sessa, 74, of Utica.
Both Sessas suffered minor injuries and were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, the law enforcement authorities stated.
McGuiggan was ticketed for driving while ability impaired by drugs and failure to keep right.
He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day