DWI charged after crash
A 49-year-old woman was hospitalized and ticketed for drunken driving after her car went off Old Oneida Road Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's deputies said Michelle Velardi, of Verona, was westbound at 7:22 p.m. when her 2007 Mercury sedan crossed into the oncoming lane. Deputies said Velardi overcorrected the wheel to get back into her lane, but lost control of the car and went off the north shoulder.
The Mercury hit a ditch and overturned. Authorities said Velardi was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for chest and abdominal pain.
Velardi was also ticketed for driving while intoxicated, failure to keep right and unsafe lane change, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Utica man accused of abuse of disabled child
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Westmoreland man, 33, accused of sex abuse
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Arctic cold front ready to blow in
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Council unveils last agenda for 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Authorities: Menacing report in Floyd appears unfounded
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Wreaths to be placed Saturday on veterans’ graves
- 4:00pm 12/11/17City of Sherrill to auction surplus items
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Meetings — Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital