DWI charged after crash
A 49-year-old woman was hospitalized and ticketed for drunken driving after her car went off Old Oneida Road Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's deputies said Michelle Velardi, of Verona, was westbound at 7:22 p.m. when her 2007 Mercury sedan crossed into the oncoming lane. Deputies said Velardi overcorrected the wheel to get back into her lane, but lost control of the car and went off the north shoulder.
The Mercury hit a ditch and overturned. Authorities said Velardi was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for chest and abdominal pain.
Velardi was also ticketed for driving while intoxicated, failure to keep right and unsafe lane change, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comedians to make stop in city to aid Rome Catholic School
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comptroller: Many schools fall short on bullying
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Man faces multiple charges after crash
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Mad. Co. sheriff's accreditation
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Hennessy seeks larger slice of casino cash for host communities
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Westmoreland event to feature survivors, stories of resilience
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Rome PBA backs Giruzzi-Mosca in race for Family Court
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Plans for Griffiss to Syracuse drone corridor buzz forward
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Indium looks to hire 30 workers; job fair Thursday in Utica