DWI charged after crash
A 49-year-old woman was hospitalized and ticketed for drunken driving after her car went off Old Oneida Road Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's deputies said Michelle Velardi, of Verona, was westbound at 7:22 p.m. when her 2007 Mercury sedan crossed into the oncoming lane. Deputies said Velardi overcorrected the wheel to get back into her lane, but lost control of the car and went off the north shoulder.
The Mercury hit a ditch and overturned. Authorities said Velardi was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for chest and abdominal pain.
Velardi was also ticketed for driving while intoxicated, failure to keep right and unsafe lane change, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 08/23/17Victim hailed as ‘loving,’ helping others
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Preschool story hour starts Sept. 11 in Remsen
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome man charged with rape of girl
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome school district sets 2017-18 tax rates
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Carbone group seeks incentives for collision, fleet sales center
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Final concert in series Monday
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Volunteers sought for flag repair
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Library to host book sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Meetings — Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017
- 4:00pm 08/23/17RFA Class of 1952 holds reunion