DWI charged after crash
A 49-year-old woman was hospitalized and ticketed for drunken driving after her car went off Old Oneida Road Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's deputies said Michelle Velardi, of Verona, was westbound at 7:22 p.m. when her 2007 Mercury sedan crossed into the oncoming lane. Deputies said Velardi overcorrected the wheel to get back into her lane, but lost control of the car and went off the north shoulder.
The Mercury hit a ditch and overturned. Authorities said Velardi was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for chest and abdominal pain.
Velardi was also ticketed for driving while intoxicated, failure to keep right and unsafe lane change, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 02/20/18Local students aid hurricane victims
- 4:01pm 02/20/18State, city to monitor flooding situation
- 4:01pm 02/20/18Threat against RFA investigated
- 4:00pm 02/20/18BOCES students among regional winners
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Meetings — Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Cartoon Madness this week at the Capitol
- 4:00pm 02/20/18MVCC to screen animated film ‘Coco’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Oneida County tax deadline Feb. 28
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Roman charged with menacing
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3