DWI charged after crash
A 49-year-old woman was hospitalized and ticketed for drunken driving after her car went off Old Oneida Road Wednesday evening.
Sheriff's deputies said Michelle Velardi, of Verona, was westbound at 7:22 p.m. when her 2007 Mercury sedan crossed into the oncoming lane. Deputies said Velardi overcorrected the wheel to get back into her lane, but lost control of the car and went off the north shoulder.
The Mercury hit a ditch and overturned. Authorities said Velardi was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for chest and abdominal pain.
Velardi was also ticketed for driving while intoxicated, failure to keep right and unsafe lane change, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 1:00pm 06/27/17Rome man charged with possession of child pornography
- 12:00pm 06/27/17State law signing is sweet news for Mercer’s Dairy
- 4:10pm 06/26/17Bikes in Bloom to reflect mission of not-for-profits
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Brief standoff ends with charges for Rome man
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Meetings — June 27, 2017
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen marks 117th commencement
- 4:00pm 06/26/17142 receive diplomas in Oneida
- 4:00pm 06/26/17124 walk at Holland Patent Commencement