DWI charge in Lowville crash
LOWVILLE — A man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a one-vehicle crash on Number Three Road Friday evening.
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said Paul R. Conover, 35, of 3133 West Road, Constableville, was driving his 2006 Ford Explorer northbound at a high rate of speed, lost control of the suburban and left the right side of the roadway at 7:40 p.m. Conover’s vehicle drove over a large snow embankment, causing the truck to become airborne before coming to rest on the lawn of a nearby residence, deputies said.
Conover refused to cooperate with the investigation and resisted arrest as deputies were attempting to take him into custody. He was subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated, speeding, resisting arrest, consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a moving vehicle, moving from lane unsafely and refusal to submit to a roadside breath test. Conover was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to Lewis County Jail in lieu of bail.
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Inspirational senior defies issues, odds
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Pair of future teachers receive Rossetti Scholarship Awards
- 4:00pm 06/18/18It's strawberry time again
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Brindisi, Tenney spar over oil bill
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Man charged with assault in knife attack, police say
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Pair wanted in Walmart theft
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Man accused of switching tags at home improvement stores
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Meetings — Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Westmoreland Student of the Year
- 4:00pm 06/18/18Local students among engineering society honorees