DWI charge in Lowville crash
LOWVILLE — A man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a one-vehicle crash on Number Three Road Friday evening.
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said Paul R. Conover, 35, of 3133 West Road, Constableville, was driving his 2006 Ford Explorer northbound at a high rate of speed, lost control of the suburban and left the right side of the roadway at 7:40 p.m. Conover’s vehicle drove over a large snow embankment, causing the truck to become airborne before coming to rest on the lawn of a nearby residence, deputies said.
Conover refused to cooperate with the investigation and resisted arrest as deputies were attempting to take him into custody. He was subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated, speeding, resisting arrest, consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a moving vehicle, moving from lane unsafely and refusal to submit to a roadside breath test. Conover was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to Lewis County Jail in lieu of bail.
- 4:01pm 03/16/18National Grid bills to go up starting next month
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Olympian to speak at Rome Sports Hall of Fame event on April 7
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVCC to host info session for student-athletes
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Trial of accused killer set to begin Monday with jury selection
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Students at Ridge Mills Science Fair explain it all
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Pair of state lawmakers back legislation on prescription drug costs
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Lee extends application deadline for water supervisor
- 4:00pm 03/16/18County moves up 11 places in state health ranking
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVHS, project manager report progress on $480M downtown Utica hospital
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Public Safety Logs —March 16, 2018