DWI charge in Lowville crash
LOWVILLE — A man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a one-vehicle crash on Number Three Road Friday evening.
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said Paul R. Conover, 35, of 3133 West Road, Constableville, was driving his 2006 Ford Explorer northbound at a high rate of speed, lost control of the suburban and left the right side of the roadway at 7:40 p.m. Conover’s vehicle drove over a large snow embankment, causing the truck to become airborne before coming to rest on the lawn of a nearby residence, deputies said.
Conover refused to cooperate with the investigation and resisted arrest as deputies were attempting to take him into custody. He was subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated, speeding, resisting arrest, consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a moving vehicle, moving from lane unsafely and refusal to submit to a roadside breath test. Conover was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to Lewis County Jail in lieu of bail.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018