DWI charge in Lowville crash
LOWVILLE — A man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a one-vehicle crash on Number Three Road Friday evening.
Lewis County Sheriff’s deputies said Paul R. Conover, 35, of 3133 West Road, Constableville, was driving his 2006 Ford Explorer northbound at a high rate of speed, lost control of the suburban and left the right side of the roadway at 7:40 p.m. Conover’s vehicle drove over a large snow embankment, causing the truck to become airborne before coming to rest on the lawn of a nearby residence, deputies said.
Conover refused to cooperate with the investigation and resisted arrest as deputies were attempting to take him into custody. He was subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated, speeding, resisting arrest, consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a moving vehicle, moving from lane unsafely and refusal to submit to a roadside breath test. Conover was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to Lewis County Jail in lieu of bail.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting