Larz A. Forsyth
Drugs seized, Utica man faces charges in drug bust
A Utica man was taken into custody and charged as a result of an ongoing drug investigation Friday.
The state police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team Central, with the assistance of State Police K9, executed a search warrant at 814 Newell St. and seized quantities of cocaine, marijuana and Adderall, in additional to a scale, packaging materials and about $5,000 in cash, investigators said.
As a result, Larz A. Forsyth, 21, was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class C felony.
Forsyth was arraigned in City Court and was released after posting a $15,000 bond. The investigation continues and additional charges are pending, investigators said.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility