Larz A. Forsyth
Drugs seized, Utica man faces charges in drug bust
A Utica man was taken into custody and charged as a result of an ongoing drug investigation Friday.
The state police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team Central, with the assistance of State Police K9, executed a search warrant at 814 Newell St. and seized quantities of cocaine, marijuana and Adderall, in additional to a scale, packaging materials and about $5,000 in cash, investigators said.
As a result, Larz A. Forsyth, 21, was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class C felony.
Forsyth was arraigned in City Court and was released after posting a $15,000 bond. The investigation continues and additional charges are pending, investigators said.
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Registered sex offender charged with having child pornography
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Event to aid cancer victims, families
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman faces meth charges after drug raid at residence
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen hurt in crash after suffering medical emergency
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman, three children escape harm in fire
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Councilors set to vote on $44.35M budget
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Signs of changing seasons abound
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18City to host Halloween event Friday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen charged with DWAI with other teens in car