Larz A. Forsyth
Drugs seized, Utica man faces charges in drug bust
A Utica man was taken into custody and charged as a result of an ongoing drug investigation Friday.
The state police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team Central, with the assistance of State Police K9, executed a search warrant at 814 Newell St. and seized quantities of cocaine, marijuana and Adderall, in additional to a scale, packaging materials and about $5,000 in cash, investigators said.
As a result, Larz A. Forsyth, 21, was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class C felony.
Forsyth was arraigned in City Court and was released after posting a $15,000 bond. The investigation continues and additional charges are pending, investigators said.
- 4:10pm 07/20/18Access still issue at Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Accused brother waives felony hearing in court
- 4:00pm 07/20/18House catches on fire after failed bid to rid bees from home
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Sherrill Manufacturing to participate in event at White House
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Stanwix Veterans & Men’s Club awards 2018 scholarships
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Chamber honors president, business manager for service
- 4:00pm 07/20/18VVS to host ‘Camp Invention’ enrichment program
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Local job count dips, labor statistics show
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Thruway warns of traffic disruptions
- 4:00pm 07/20/18College graduations, acceptance — July 20, 2018