Drugs, cash seized in raid of Oneida Super 8 motel room
CITY OF ONEIDA — More than $10,000 worth of drugs were seized during a raid at the Super 8 Motel in Madison County on Monday.
Police and State Parole searched the motel room of 32-year-old Oscar Davis on Monday. Police said they uncovered 76 ounces of crack cocaine, with an approximate street value of $7,600, and 501 grams of marijuana, with a street value of $4,000.
Over $2,000 in cash was also seized, authorities stated.
Davis was taken into custody on a violation of parole and was sent to county jail.
Then on Wednesday, police said they charged Davis with one count each of third, fourth and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated.
Davis was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
According to state records, Davis has served two prior stints in state prison. Davis served between 2007 and 2013 for drug possession, and was then locked up again from May 2015 to December 2016 for drug possession, records state.
Davis was released on parole on Dec. 27.
- 4:11pm 10/21/17High school students enjoy Career Day
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Rogers-Witt cites connection to district in bid for county seat
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Councilor Rogers seeking re-election in Third Ward
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Democratic poll claims Brindisi has slight lead in congressional race
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Family receives medals for World War II vet
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Homeownership declines in Oneida County
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Woman accused of kicking trooper
- 4:00pm 10/21/17AFL-CIO endorses Ball for sheriff
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Area counties receive Stop-DWI funds
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Global NY initiative representatives to visit Rome on Thursday