Drugs, cash seized in raid of Oneida Super 8 motel room
CITY OF ONEIDA — More than $10,000 worth of drugs were seized during a raid at the Super 8 Motel in Madison County on Monday.
Police and State Parole searched the motel room of 32-year-old Oscar Davis on Monday. Police said they uncovered 76 ounces of crack cocaine, with an approximate street value of $7,600, and 501 grams of marijuana, with a street value of $4,000.
Over $2,000 in cash was also seized, authorities stated.
Davis was taken into custody on a violation of parole and was sent to county jail.
Then on Wednesday, police said they charged Davis with one count each of third, fourth and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated.
Davis was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
According to state records, Davis has served two prior stints in state prison. Davis served between 2007 and 2013 for drug possession, and was then locked up again from May 2015 to December 2016 for drug possession, records state.
Davis was released on parole on Dec. 27.
- 12:00pm 06/24/17Sylvan Beach steps up ‘zero tolerance’ booze policy
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Practicing for the big day
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Rome scholar named to dean’s list
- 4:00pm 06/23/17New workshops planned for youths at Boonville Fair
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Man, 70, accused of sexual abuse of pre-teen girl
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Foul play not suspected after woman’s body found in Utica canal
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Man charged with endangerment