Drugs, cash seized in raid of Oneida Super 8 motel room
CITY OF ONEIDA — More than $10,000 worth of drugs were seized during a raid at the Super 8 Motel in Madison County on Monday.
Police and State Parole searched the motel room of 32-year-old Oscar Davis on Monday. Police said they uncovered 76 ounces of crack cocaine, with an approximate street value of $7,600, and 501 grams of marijuana, with a street value of $4,000.
Over $2,000 in cash was also seized, authorities stated.
Davis was taken into custody on a violation of parole and was sent to county jail.
Then on Wednesday, police said they charged Davis with one count each of third, fourth and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated.
Davis was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
According to state records, Davis has served two prior stints in state prison. Davis served between 2007 and 2013 for drug possession, and was then locked up again from May 2015 to December 2016 for drug possession, records state.
Davis was released on parole on Dec. 27.
- 5:28pm 04/28/17Both sides grill husband of murdered woman
- 4:10pm 04/28/17Fort boosts area economic battlefield
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Expo display to feature restored antique equipment
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Dorfman Center receives $30,000 in grants
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Husband, patients recall chiropractor’s final days
- 4:00pm 04/28/17County eyes savings, refinancing $14.7M in bonds
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Speech and Debate Club says it is heading to state championships
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Rome Police Department to host Drug Take-Back event Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Utica teen accused of sex abuse
- 4:00pm 04/28/17Two-car crash in Vienna sends three to hospital, deputies say