Drugs, cash seized in raid of Oneida Super 8 motel room
CITY OF ONEIDA — More than $10,000 worth of drugs were seized during a raid at the Super 8 Motel in Madison County on Monday.
Police and State Parole searched the motel room of 32-year-old Oscar Davis on Monday. Police said they uncovered 76 ounces of crack cocaine, with an approximate street value of $7,600, and 501 grams of marijuana, with a street value of $4,000.
Over $2,000 in cash was also seized, authorities stated.
Davis was taken into custody on a violation of parole and was sent to county jail.
Then on Wednesday, police said they charged Davis with one count each of third, fourth and seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, criminal use of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated.
Davis was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the law enforcers added.
According to state records, Davis has served two prior stints in state prison. Davis served between 2007 and 2013 for drug possession, and was then locked up again from May 2015 to December 2016 for drug possession, records state.
Davis was released on parole on Dec. 27.
- 4:10pm 12/12/17Officials defend Strough project pace but eye 2018 alternatives
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sheriff urges snowmobilers to think safety
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Third man arrested in JCPenney robbery
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Club: Trails not yet open
- 4:00pm 12/12/17City schedules next public session on downtown initiative
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sherrill passes $4.1M 2018 budget; residents to see tax increase
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Assemblyman reminds constituents to beware of phone scams
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Region to hear on priority projects
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Tioga Construction contractors Mike Lavenbure a...
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Meetings — Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017