Drivers hurt in rear-end collision
Both drivers were hospitalized after a two-vehicle rear-ending on Rome-New London Road Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said TJ Valencourt, 21, of Rome, was eastbound at about 6:40 p.m. following too closely behind a 2017 Nissan Van, driven by Burke Chmielewski, 36, of Rome. When the van stopped, deputies said Valencourt was unable to stop his own 2016 Chevy Cruze in time and struck Chmielewski’s Nissan.
Both Valencourt and Chmielewski were taken to Rome Memorial Hospital for minor injuries, authorities said. Valencourt was ticketed for the crash and is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award