Driver treated for minor injuries after car flips in Verona
TOWN OF VERONA — A 22-year-old man was hospitalized after his motor vehicle flipped onto its roof on Beach Light Road early New Year’s Day.
Sheriff’s deputies said Edward Pugh II, of Sherrill, was westbound at about 2:30 a.m. Monday when he lost control of his 2015 Chevy at an unsafe speed while going around a curve. Deputies said the Chevy crossed over the oncoming lane and hit a ditch off the south shoulder, flipping onto its roof.
Pugh was treated at the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, deputies said.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018