Driver ticketed in two-vehicle accident
BOONVILLE — A 63-year-old driver was ticketed after a two-vehicle collision on Post Street Monday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Michael Sokoloff, of Boonville, was northbound when he made a wide turn onto Academy Street at 11:40 a.m. Deputies said Sokoloff failed to keep right in the turn and his 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck hit a 2005 Ford Taurus, driven by Charles Halstead, 62, of Port Leyden.
Neither driver was seriously injured, authorities said, and Halstead was treated at the scene for some arm pain.
Sokoloff was ticketed for failure to keep right, deputies said. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic