Driver ticketed in two-vehicle accident
BOONVILLE — A 63-year-old driver was ticketed after a two-vehicle collision on Post Street Monday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Michael Sokoloff, of Boonville, was northbound when he made a wide turn onto Academy Street at 11:40 a.m. Deputies said Sokoloff failed to keep right in the turn and his 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck hit a 2005 Ford Taurus, driven by Charles Halstead, 62, of Port Leyden.
Neither driver was seriously injured, authorities said, and Halstead was treated at the scene for some arm pain.
Sokoloff was ticketed for failure to keep right, deputies said. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court.
- 4:01pm 09/21/18High time for pot talks?
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair charged after 51 meth pots seized in Madison County drug raid
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair named Officers of the Month for presidential preparations
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Three charged in hit and run accident in city Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18State sends letters to schools to warn of opioid dangers
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Valesky concedes primary but remains on November ballot
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fort super to receive Medal of the Order of 1777
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Jervis joins National Voter Registration Day efforts
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Movies — Sept. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 21, 2018