Driver ticketed in two-vehicle accident
BOONVILLE — A 63-year-old driver was ticketed after a two-vehicle collision on Post Street Monday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Michael Sokoloff, of Boonville, was northbound when he made a wide turn onto Academy Street at 11:40 a.m. Deputies said Sokoloff failed to keep right in the turn and his 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck hit a 2005 Ford Taurus, driven by Charles Halstead, 62, of Port Leyden.
Neither driver was seriously injured, authorities said, and Halstead was treated at the scene for some arm pain.
Sokoloff was ticketed for failure to keep right, deputies said. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court.
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Physicians Urgent Care at Griffiss to expand hours
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Madison County Courthouse time capsule contents to be on display soon
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Sale of three city-owned properties on Common Council agenda Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Oneida woman charged with rape
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Clean and Green making Rome a better place
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Rome’s Hall named co-valedictorian at UC
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Three selected to U.S. service academies
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Utica Zoo celebrates Earth Week
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Buttenschon endorsed