Driver ticketed in two-vehicle accident
BOONVILLE — A 63-year-old driver was ticketed after a two-vehicle collision on Post Street Monday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Michael Sokoloff, of Boonville, was northbound when he made a wide turn onto Academy Street at 11:40 a.m. Deputies said Sokoloff failed to keep right in the turn and his 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck hit a 2005 Ford Taurus, driven by Charles Halstead, 62, of Port Leyden.
Neither driver was seriously injured, authorities said, and Halstead was treated at the scene for some arm pain.
Sokoloff was ticketed for failure to keep right, deputies said. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018