Driver ticketed in accident
VERONA — A pickup that attempted to cross Route 31 at the Sarenski and Beacon Light roads intersection caused a two-vehicle crash Monday afternoon.
Deputy Matthew Bauer said David Smith, 81, of Verona, was driving a red Chevrolet 1500 pickup on Sarenski Road, and attempted to cross Route 31 to Beacon Light Road, when he failed to yield the right of way after stopping at the stop sign.
Smith’s truck crossed in front of a white 2013 Subaru sedan driven by Sandra Spies, 70, of Verona, and Spies’ car struck the passenger-side doors of Smith’s pickup, causing heavy damage to the car at 12:27 p.m.
Bauer said Smith was treated at the scene for a minor hand injury and released. Spies was taken to Oneida City Hospital to be evaluated for arm, leg and chest pain. Smith was charged with failure to yield and will appear in Verona Town Court.
Verona Fire Department, Oneida Indian Nation Police and state police assisted.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018