Driver injured, ticketed in crash
TOWN OF VERNON — A Rome woman was hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into the back of a mail truck stopped on Route 365 Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Samirah Shehadeh, 33, was traveling northeast on Route 365 when she came upon a U.S. Post Office delivery truck stopped on the east shoulder, at a mailbox near West 11th. Street. Deputies said the mail truck had its amber warning lights activated.
Deputies said Shehadeh’s 2010 Subaru crashed into the back of the mail truck. She was taken to Rome Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Shehadeh was ticketed for violating the Move Over Law, for not moving to another lane when approaching a special hazard vehicle with its lights on.
She is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day