Driver indicted in hit-and-run death of Hinckley teen
TOWN OF DARIEN — The woman accused of striking and killing a Holland Patent teen with her car outside the Darien Lake amusement park has been indicted by a grand jury in Genesee County.
Jennifer L. Serrano, 48, of Irving, Chautauqua County, was indicted Sept. 11 on one count each of second-degree vehicular manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident, driving while intoxicated and second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, court officials said.
Serrano pleaded not guilty before Judge Charles Zambito on Sept. 12 and her case was adjourned for motion argument to Nov. 15.
Genesee County Sheriff’s deputies said 18-year-old Connor Lynskey, of Cady Road, Hinckley, was walking westbound with a group of friends on the south shoulder of Sumner Road at about 12:30 a.m. Aug. 11, having just come from a concert at Darien Lake.
Deputies said Lynskey became separated from his group and was struck by a motor vehicle driven by Serrano, who then fled the scene.
Lynskey’s body was found on the side of the road the following morning.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus