Driver charged with DWI after crash into pole
TOWN OF FLOYD — A Rome man was ticketed for drunken driving for the second time this year after his car crashed into a utility pole on Camroden Road Sunday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Connar Diberardino, 22, was northbound at 11:11 a.m. when his 2016 Hyundai Elantra veered off the east shoulder and hit the pole, severing it. Deputies said Diberardino and passenger Amanda Lloyd, 19, of Rome, complained of head and neck pain and were treated at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Diberardino is charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation and several other vehicle and traffic violations, deputies said. Lloyd was ticketed for unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated. They are both scheduled to appear in Town Court.
According to police records, Diberardino was charged with drunken driving on East Garden Street in Rome at 2 a.m. Jan. 18. Diberardino’s earlier case remains ongoing and he is scheduled to reappear in court on March 21.
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Charged in Sunoco robbery
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome school district honored with Best Communities for Music Education designation
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Seasonal Sports to replace damaged sign at Bobby Page Memorial Fields
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College student accused of threats offered plea deal
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College to hold special ed open house Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome Clean and Green to participate for 20th year in Keep America Beautiful Great American Clean Up
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Local jobless rate falls
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Holland Patent receives school safety award
- 4:00pm 04/20/18SUNY Poly to host Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire