Driver charged with DWI after crash into pole
TOWN OF FLOYD — A Rome man was ticketed for drunken driving for the second time this year after his car crashed into a utility pole on Camroden Road Sunday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said Connar Diberardino, 22, was northbound at 11:11 a.m. when his 2016 Hyundai Elantra veered off the east shoulder and hit the pole, severing it. Deputies said Diberardino and passenger Amanda Lloyd, 19, of Rome, complained of head and neck pain and were treated at Rome Memorial Hospital.
Diberardino is charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation and several other vehicle and traffic violations, deputies said. Lloyd was ticketed for unlawful possession of marijuana, authorities stated. They are both scheduled to appear in Town Court.
According to police records, Diberardino was charged with drunken driving on East Garden Street in Rome at 2 a.m. Jan. 18. Diberardino’s earlier case remains ongoing and he is scheduled to reappear in court on March 21.
- 4:01pm 03/16/18National Grid bills to go up starting next month
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Olympian to speak at Rome Sports Hall of Fame event on April 7
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVCC to host info session for student-athletes
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Trial of accused killer set to begin Monday with jury selection
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Students at Ridge Mills Science Fair explain it all
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Pair of state lawmakers back legislation on prescription drug costs
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Lee extends application deadline for water supervisor
- 4:00pm 03/16/18County moves up 11 places in state health ranking
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVHS, project manager report progress on $480M downtown Utica hospital
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Public Safety Logs —March 16, 2018