Driver charged with DWI after car, foot chase
TOWN OF VERONA — Accused of driving drunk and trying to flee sheriff’s deputies the morning after St. Patrick’s Day, a Clinton man is facing multiple charges.
At about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, a deputy working with the DWI Unit for St. Patrick’s Day weekend attempted to stop Thomas J. Pultynovich, age 32, on Route 365 in Verona.
Deputies said Pultynovich instead hit the gas and tried to evade the deputy, heading south on State Street into the Town of Vernon.
Authorities said Pultynovich’s 2003 Lincoln eventually crashed into a parked Dodge Caravan in a nearby driveway and Pultynovich took off on foot.
He was taken into custody a short distance away.
Pultynovich is charged with driving while intoxicated, resisting arrest, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and multiple vehicle and traffic violations, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in court.
- 4:10pm 04/19/18RCS festival to return
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Federal reps seek funds to fortify security at Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Farmer, politician seek answers after reported ICE raid
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Local officials blast Tenney criticism of eminent domain in hospital project
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Mayor to give State of the City speech May 8
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Tax deadline approaching
- 4:00pm 04/19/18City to host Spring Fling
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Pair win its 'All About the Meat' contest
- 4:00pm 04/19/18SUNY Poly to highlight student research
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Community Foundation pledges $5M to coalition to fight lead poisoning