Driver, 83, injured, ticketed following two-vehicle crash
An 83-year-old driver was both hospitalized and ticketed after a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Rome-Taberg and Link roads Monday morning,, according to local law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said Paul Benedetto, 50, of Connecticut, was westbound on Rome-Taberg Road at about 9:20 a.m. when James Young, 83, of Lee Center, entered his path from Link Road.
Deputies said Benedetto’s 2013 Toyota 4Runner crashed into Young’s 2016 Honda Accord.
Young was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica for treatment, and he was listed in stable condition, authorities said. Young was also ticketed for failure to yield.
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Owner ticketed for leaving dog in locked vehicle
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Police accuse Utica woman of switching tags at Walmart
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Crash sends three to hospital
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Pair face drug, additional charges
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Board of Ed approves disciplinary pact for district, teacher
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Verona ladies auxiliary to host craft show
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Community Bank N.A. supports Oneida Performing Arts
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet