Driver, 70, hurt in Waterville crash
WATERVILLE — A driver suffered minor injuries in a two-vehicle crash on West Main Street Friday evening.
Deputies said Eileen Thayer, 70, of Clark Mills, was driving her 2016 Chevrolet Malibu northbound and attempted to make a left turn onto West Main Street when she failed to yield to Nicole Craver, 31, of Bouckville, Madison County, who was operating a Mitsubishi Outlander eastbound at 7:27 p.m.
Thayer’s front driver side bumper struck Craver’s front passenger side bumper and both vehicles sustained minor damage from the collision.
Craver suffered minor injuries and was evaluated by members of Waterville Fire Department and Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance, but denied further treatment, according to deputies.
Thayer was charged with failure to yield the right of way while entering a roadway and will appear in Village Court.
- 12:07pm 01/17/18Fire destroys vacant mobile home in Florence
- 10:30am 01/17/18Dolly Parton talk canceled
- 4:10pm 01/16/18District attorney posts Conley trial testimony on website
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Police to host civilian academy
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Bryant back at helm, as interim superintendent at Camden school district
- 4:00pm 01/16/18County eyes $150,000 to fund legal assistance for vets
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Woman hurt as car flips onto roof
- 4:00pm 01/16/18MVCC announces cultural series lineup
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Students leaving behind lots of winter clothing, superintendent warns
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Free small business webinar offered at SUNY Poly Jan. 24