Driver, 70, hurt in Waterville crash
WATERVILLE — A driver suffered minor injuries in a two-vehicle crash on West Main Street Friday evening.
Deputies said Eileen Thayer, 70, of Clark Mills, was driving her 2016 Chevrolet Malibu northbound and attempted to make a left turn onto West Main Street when she failed to yield to Nicole Craver, 31, of Bouckville, Madison County, who was operating a Mitsubishi Outlander eastbound at 7:27 p.m.
Thayer’s front driver side bumper struck Craver’s front passenger side bumper and both vehicles sustained minor damage from the collision.
Craver suffered minor injuries and was evaluated by members of Waterville Fire Department and Central Oneida County Volunteer Ambulance, but denied further treatment, according to deputies.
Thayer was charged with failure to yield the right of way while entering a roadway and will appear in Village Court.
- 6:33pm 03/22/18Update: Coffin found guilty of murder
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Meetings — March 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Proposal calls for Rome Lab to receive $243 million
- 4:00pm 03/22/18NYSSD crowns its king and queen
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Madison County issues warning on ‘sharps’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Man, 50, killed in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Wellness Fair set for Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Oneida woman seeks to fill state Supreme Court vacancy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Public Safety Logs — March 22, 2018
- 10:00am 03/22/18Longtime employee Viti buys Herb Philipson’s