Deputies use DNA evidence to bust Verona man in break-in
VERONA — With the help of DNA identification, the sheriff’s office was able to charge a Verona man with breaking into a residence on Point Rock Road in the Town of Lee back in October.
Deputies said Christopher F. Brazie, 26, of Verona Mills Road, was taken into custody Wednesday as a result of a DNA hit made on evidence secured at the scene at the time of the initial investigation.
Brazie was charged with felony second-degree burglary. He was arraigned in Oneida County Central Arraignment and sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or bond.
The suspect will later appear in Lee Town Court.
- 11:48am 09/18/18Strough paving project is topic of special meeting
- 4:01pm 09/17/18Griffo secures funding to help Masonic Medical Research Institute
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Driver killed, child in critical condition following crash
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Grand re-opening of Philipson's in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Mohawk River Trail extended
- 4:00pm 09/17/18New business first dollar of profit
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Construction projects linger in region as autumn approaches
- 4:00pm 09/17/18VVS teacher recognized for completing state’s Master Teacher Program
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Oneida councilors to take up $8 million bond project to ‘stabilize’ Annsville reservoir
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 17, 2018