Deputies seek pair of suspects in ambush of Verona resident
TOWN OF VERONA — A manhunt is on for two men who ambushed a Verona resident outside his home at about 9 p.m. Wednesday, according to law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said two men appeared at the front door of a residence in the 4000 block and asked for help, claiming their vehicle had broken down on the side of the road near the home. The resident called 9-1-1 for the motorists and then went outside to help — only to immediately be struck in the back of the head by one of the two men, deputies stated.
The resident told them he had already called 9-1-1, and the two men fled the area in their vehicle.
The attack took place near the intersection with Stoney Brook Road, just south of the Turning Stone Resort and Casino.
One man is described as a black male with short dreadlocks, in his late teens or early 20s. The other man is described as Latino, also in his late teens or early 20s. Deputies said they fled in a gray-colored 90s-era Volkswagen, boxy in style.
The resident was not injured and no weapons were displayed.
Anyone with may have witnessed the attack or has information on the two men is asked to call investigators at (315) 765-2718. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 4:10pm 09/20/17Growing firm begins project Industrial development agency to provide incentives
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Pumpkin season
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Maple Leaf Market nears grand opening in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Recovering heroin user gives hope for addicts, families
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Enjoy the sun, forecasters say, as slow, cool shift expected
- 4:00pm 09/20/17City’s Board of Estimate and Contract poised to approve demolition deals
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Psychiatrist pleads guilty in fraud case at state psychiatric center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Man, 56, accused of breaking into home, harassing residents
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Workshop highlights groups that aid new farmers
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Fundraiser planned for congressional hopeful