Deputies seek pair of suspects in ambush of Verona resident
TOWN OF VERONA — A manhunt is on for two men who ambushed a Verona resident outside his home at about 9 p.m. Wednesday, according to law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said two men appeared at the front door of a residence in the 4000 block and asked for help, claiming their vehicle had broken down on the side of the road near the home. The resident called 9-1-1 for the motorists and then went outside to help — only to immediately be struck in the back of the head by one of the two men, deputies stated.
The resident told them he had already called 9-1-1, and the two men fled the area in their vehicle.
The attack took place near the intersection with Stoney Brook Road, just south of the Turning Stone Resort and Casino.
One man is described as a black male with short dreadlocks, in his late teens or early 20s. The other man is described as Latino, also in his late teens or early 20s. Deputies said they fled in a gray-colored 90s-era Volkswagen, boxy in style.
The resident was not injured and no weapons were displayed.
Anyone with may have witnessed the attack or has information on the two men is asked to call investigators at (315) 765-2718. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018