CrimeStoppers to hold basket raffle, auction to raise funds for tips, rewards
The Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers will be holding a basket raffle and auction on March 31 so they can afford more reward money.
Crime Stoppers is an independent organization that works with local police to offer monetary rewards for anonymous tips to help solve crimes. The raffle and auction is being held to refill the tip money, officials said.
“We’re a nonprofit,” explained Anna Johnson, treasurer at Crime Stoppers. “All the fundraising money we have is put into the tip hotline fund.”
The raffle and auction will be held at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post on North Washington Street from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, officials said.
The items in the raffle and auction are donations from local businesses, individuals and organizations, officials said. They include golf items, sports memorabilia, gift certifications to local businesses and other items, including four park-hopper passes for Disney World in Orlando.
Tickets are $1 each and $5 for the Disney World tickets.
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Rainy days are here again
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Ex-Sherrill resident lands ‘dream’ NASA internship
- 4:00pm 07/21/1825 RFA graduates honored with Dyett Fund grants
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Assembly candidates McEvoy, Bova file signatures
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Holland Patent Central School Class of 1968 marks 50-year reunion
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Meetings — Monday, July 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Lot sale approved for new Eye Care Center of Rome
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Sherrill expands tobacco use restrictions
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Guilty plea in Utica homicide
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Pair arrested in string of New Hartford thefts