CrimeStoppers to hold basket raffle, auction to raise funds for tips, rewards
The Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers will be holding a basket raffle and auction on March 31 so they can afford more reward money.
Crime Stoppers is an independent organization that works with local police to offer monetary rewards for anonymous tips to help solve crimes. The raffle and auction is being held to refill the tip money, officials said.
“We’re a nonprofit,” explained Anna Johnson, treasurer at Crime Stoppers. “All the fundraising money we have is put into the tip hotline fund.”
The raffle and auction will be held at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post on North Washington Street from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, officials said.
The items in the raffle and auction are donations from local businesses, individuals and organizations, officials said. They include golf items, sports memorabilia, gift certifications to local businesses and other items, including four park-hopper passes for Disney World in Orlando.
Tickets are $1 each and $5 for the Disney World tickets.
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature