CrimeStoppers to hold basket raffle, auction to raise funds for tips, rewards
The Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers will be holding a basket raffle and auction on March 31 so they can afford more reward money.
Crime Stoppers is an independent organization that works with local police to offer monetary rewards for anonymous tips to help solve crimes. The raffle and auction is being held to refill the tip money, officials said.
“We’re a nonprofit,” explained Anna Johnson, treasurer at Crime Stoppers. “All the fundraising money we have is put into the tip hotline fund.”
The raffle and auction will be held at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post on North Washington Street from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, officials said.
The items in the raffle and auction are donations from local businesses, individuals and organizations, officials said. They include golf items, sports memorabilia, gift certifications to local businesses and other items, including four park-hopper passes for Disney World in Orlando.
Tickets are $1 each and $5 for the Disney World tickets.
- 4:10pm 04/19/18RCS festival to return
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Federal reps seek funds to fortify security at Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Farmer, politician seek answers after reported ICE raid
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Local officials blast Tenney criticism of eminent domain in hospital project
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Mayor to give State of the City speech May 8
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Tax deadline approaching
- 4:00pm 04/19/18City to host Spring Fling
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Pair win its 'All About the Meat' contest
- 4:00pm 04/19/18SUNY Poly to highlight student research
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Community Foundation pledges $5M to coalition to fight lead poisoning