Crash sends woman to hospital
TOWN OF MARSHALL — A 38-year-old woman was hospitalized after distracted driving caused her motor vehicle to crash into a tree off Route 12B Saturday, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Cheryl L. Loomis, of North Pitcher, Chenango County, was northbound on Route 12B at 7:39 a.m. when she reached into the backseat to stop some items from falling and her vehicle crossed over the oncoming lane and went off the west shoulder and crashed into a tree.
She was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
- 11:54am 07/28/17DEC eyes unusual foam in Floyd creek
- 4:10pm 07/27/17Company says it plans repairs for Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/27/17City takes down tree at Justice Center
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Forum for Oriskany finalist on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Midway adds thrills and fun to Boonville-Oneida County Fair
- 4:00pm 07/27/17State approves low-cost power for Alder Creek Beverages
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Economic development group hears request for incentives for housing project
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Demolition begins at former Woodhaven complex
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Pit bull euthanized after biting toddler on Floyd Ave.