Crash sends woman to hospital
TOWN OF MARSHALL — A 38-year-old woman was hospitalized after distracted driving caused her motor vehicle to crash into a tree off Route 12B Saturday, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Cheryl L. Loomis, of North Pitcher, Chenango County, was northbound on Route 12B at 7:39 a.m. when she reached into the backseat to stop some items from falling and her vehicle crossed over the oncoming lane and went off the west shoulder and crashed into a tree.
She was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
- 4:00pm 02/23/18No. 2 on sheriff’s Most Wanted List in custody
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Herkimer man accused of attempting to conceal wife’s body in kitchen
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Tops surpasses goal, raising over 3 million meals for those in need
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Moonlight Trail Walk Saturday at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 02/23/18State flu report shows illness’ surge may be ebbing
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply by Monday for Civilian Police Academy
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Rome Lab director announces he’s leaving
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Large pool of candidates for elementary principal positions
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Believe 271 Foundation to offer scholarship
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Relay for Life of the North Country to host kickoff event March 7