Crash sends woman to hospital
TOWN OF MARSHALL — A 38-year-old woman was hospitalized after distracted driving caused her motor vehicle to crash into a tree off Route 12B Saturday, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Cheryl L. Loomis, of North Pitcher, Chenango County, was northbound on Route 12B at 7:39 a.m. when she reached into the backseat to stop some items from falling and her vehicle crossed over the oncoming lane and went off the west shoulder and crashed into a tree.
She was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018