Crash sends woman to hospital
TOWN OF MARSHALL — A 38-year-old woman was hospitalized after distracted driving caused her motor vehicle to crash into a tree off Route 12B Saturday, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Cheryl L. Loomis, of North Pitcher, Chenango County, was northbound on Route 12B at 7:39 a.m. when she reached into the backseat to stop some items from falling and her vehicle crossed over the oncoming lane and went off the west shoulder and crashed into a tree.
She was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
- 4:10pm 11/21/17Holiday travelers to see lower gas prices
- 4:00pm 11/21/17County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Area road construction projects linger on
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Officials secure $250K for Chenango Road Bridge
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Getting ready for Rome’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Nurses contract, resource officer position before county board
- 4:00pm 11/21/17School district outlines ‘snow day’ policy, procedures
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sauquoit man succumbs to injuries in Herkimer County
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Two sent to federal prison on meth charges