Crash sends woman to hospital
TOWN OF MARSHALL — A 38-year-old woman was hospitalized after distracted driving caused her motor vehicle to crash into a tree off Route 12B Saturday, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Cheryl L. Loomis, of North Pitcher, Chenango County, was northbound on Route 12B at 7:39 a.m. when she reached into the backseat to stop some items from falling and her vehicle crossed over the oncoming lane and went off the west shoulder and crashed into a tree.
She was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
- 4:10pm 09/23/17Strough renovation pace improves
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Griffiss remains sky-high over drone testing at airport
- 4:00pm 09/23/17State fall foliage reports to begin
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Defendant rejects plea; trial in January on bank robbery
- 4:00pm 09/23/17MVCC to host info sessions
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts underway
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Madison County woman charged with welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Community Health Awards offered to nonprofits
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Meetings — Monday, Sept. 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Halloween on Griffo Green set for Oct. 27