Crash sends two to hospital
TOWN OF VIENNA — Two people were hospitalized for minor injuries after a slippery Old Route 49 led to a two-vehicle collision Sunday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Meghan Black, 32, of Oriskany, was westbound at about 6:30 p.m. when she lost control of her 2004 Cadillac SUV due to unsafe speeds and slippery road conditions.
Deputies said the SUV spun sideways across both lanes and into the path of a 2011 Mazda sedan, driven by Krystal Rice, 25, of Blossvale.
Rice’s car hit the rear passenger side of the SUV near the intersection with Fish Creek Landing.
Rice and her passenger, Christopher Fisk, 27, also of Blossvale, were taken to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
Black and her passenger were not injured, and Black was ticketed for the crash, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans