Crash sends two to hospital
TOWN OF VIENNA — Two people were hospitalized for minor injuries after a slippery Old Route 49 led to a two-vehicle collision Sunday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Meghan Black, 32, of Oriskany, was westbound at about 6:30 p.m. when she lost control of her 2004 Cadillac SUV due to unsafe speeds and slippery road conditions.
Deputies said the SUV spun sideways across both lanes and into the path of a 2011 Mazda sedan, driven by Krystal Rice, 25, of Blossvale.
Rice’s car hit the rear passenger side of the SUV near the intersection with Fish Creek Landing.
Rice and her passenger, Christopher Fisk, 27, also of Blossvale, were taken to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
Black and her passenger were not injured, and Black was ticketed for the crash, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dozens attend area forum on hate crimes
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Officials hail completion of ‘transformative’ Griffiss Parkway
- 4:00pm 08/15/18$2M state grant aims to boost high-tech business
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Beware of new IRS scam
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Yorkville man indicted by grand jury in stabbing death
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Kids Oneida, Children’s Museum to hold block party Thursday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Meetings — Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 15, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/15/18R-CATS fundraiser Tuesday at Wendy’s