Crash sends two to hospital
TOWN OF VIENNA — Two people were hospitalized for minor injuries after a slippery Old Route 49 led to a two-vehicle collision Sunday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Meghan Black, 32, of Oriskany, was westbound at about 6:30 p.m. when she lost control of her 2004 Cadillac SUV due to unsafe speeds and slippery road conditions.
Deputies said the SUV spun sideways across both lanes and into the path of a 2011 Mazda sedan, driven by Krystal Rice, 25, of Blossvale.
Rice’s car hit the rear passenger side of the SUV near the intersection with Fish Creek Landing.
Rice and her passenger, Christopher Fisk, 27, also of Blossvale, were taken to the Oneida Health Care Center for minor injuries, authorities said.
Black and her passenger were not injured, and Black was ticketed for the crash, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic